Horrible woman that I am

GillandJamie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Please dont jusge me as I know that I will love my baby regardless of gender. But I want a boy so badly. I have 4 girls (the youngest is biologically my husbands) we are now pregnant with my #5 his #2 how likely are we to have a boy? Do i have just as much chance as anyone else, or am i still more likely to have another girl. My husband blames me jokingly and says that it must be something to do with me that I have had all girls and this one will probably be a girl too. He so desperately wants a son and this is our last chance as 5 children is more than enough for us.
My LMP was 25/12/2013 my next one was due 22/01/2014 i have approximately a 26-29 day cycle. We had sex on 9th and 10th January. I dont know if any of this info helps predict or guess the gender. I am just so anxious and would like to know what people think. I have my nuchal scan on Tuesday which will give me my official EDD so I can then book a 16 week private scan. I am scared to tell my husband if its another girl as, I know that he doesnt mean to but the way he says things and the way he looks at me when he is upset with things makes me feel like its my fault. Sorry for the rant and thanks in advance xx

I saw something about the odds with each child. There is a slight skew in the 50/50 people quote, its actually slightly in favour of boys with 51% of births being boys 49% girls each year. Anyway the study looked at the makeup of families and found that after the 2nd girl the chance of a boy actually improved with each baby, where as the chance of a girl decreases after each boy. Cant say with 4 boys that it was what I wanted to hear lol
But it also seems that for many, (not all though sadly) 5 is the magic number, where they get their long desired opposite.
Good luck

thank you...i can only hope...will need to start brainstorming girls names as we have none. I know hubby will say no to everything that I suggest xx

I think the best plan (at least what I intend to do) is to just assume it's the same as you have now. You me that will mean boy. I already have my boys name picked. Put away clothes my other boys grown out of for him. Imagining life with 5 boys. If I end up with a girl I'll actually be shocked ha ha but I think the more you can prepare yourself the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->