Horse riding while pregnant!

Sounds like he might be too unpredicatable to ride or lunge while pregnant.
A safe boring hack might be the way to ride while pregnant if you want to continue.
There are other exercises you can do while pregnant to keep fit :)
Personally (I too have a horse) I would not ride while pregnant.
Maybe you could show your partner how to lunge him, though he does sound disrespectful on the lunge so perhaps that wont work.
The problem with any decision is not the making it, but the living with any consequence of that decision :|
You might find the hormones when pregnant put you off the idea of riding anyway :)

doh, this is an old post, sorry I typed what is soooooo out of date, but may we well elave it now

Hi, ive been having the same probs...ive got 2 horses but one is a youngster so not a problem realy. my other horse is great, realy bombproof unless dogs come flying at garden gates etc. I realy want to ride him but everyone ive spoke to have said wait untill you have your 12 week scan..i was thinking a little schooling shouldnt hurt???

lm pregnant and just reached the second trimester have a horse on loan she is very laid back and l love riding her however lm still not sure when to stop riding obviously l havent jumped since l found out l was pregnant but after reading some of ur posts dont know if l should stop now or just do the basics for while longer its a hard decision to make as l dont want to risk anything happening but horses are my love and life (after my husband and kids of course)

i stopped riding both times as my guys are SJers and pretty much on the ball with spooking at grass/birds/rocks etc etc, twats that they are:dohh: give them a 1.20m course and they are angels, take them a hack and you risk your life:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->