Hospital bag

bean85

Reaction score
Hi everyone just coming over to 3rd trimester! 28 weeks now, just wondering when everyone is going to start packing their bag?

I am going on 33weeks and still haven’t packed mine... not from not thinking I should but because of life interfering and just not getting a chance to focus on it. You should packed it as soon as you can as you never know; rather have it ready

I'm 36 weeks and don't yet I have everything I just need to put it in the bag

I’ve always been a worry last minute kinda girl,I pack my suitcase the night before a holiday or even on the morning of lol I don’t pack my hospital bag until I’m going,if it was to happen unexpectedly I always think that anything I forget in the hurry someone can bring me later on xx

Mines pretty much done just need a few extra bits adding in

Mines pretty much done, just need a few last bits. It's early for me, I'm usually quite last minute

Mine with DS1 was done at 30weeks. Kinda glad because he came at 37+2 and my labour was only 3 hours and started with water breaking and suddenly 20secs apart contractions so if it hadn't been ready, I wouldnt have had any time to make it.

I am now 29 weeks with DS2 and I plan on finishing it this week!

I think with my first baby I packed my hospital bag at around 28 weeks and with my second baby at around 36 weeks.

Coming to 35 weeks in couple of days, so maybe will pack around 37-38 weeks. Went close to 42 weeks with my first, so I dont really think that I will go early. Actually haven`t thought about hospital bags at all until saw your post :-#
Thanks a lot for reminding me that it needs to be done some time soon :)

I think I’ll do mine around 32 weeks, DS was 2 weeks early so I’d like to be prepared as after that I’ll start washing all his clothes & blankets ready :p

I packed mine at 34 weeks because I was having contractions from 33 weeks so I was told to pack my bag. Low and behold I still made it to my induction date at 37+3 weeks so the bag was sat there for a few weeks lol.
It's really up to you when I decide to pack. U can always add things to it if need be and it is good to be prepared just incase.
I'd say the norm is around 35 weeks. But if u want to get starting early than that's fine. I just got annoyed with the suitcase just laying around.
Congratulations on hitting the 3rd trimester. Seems like only yesterday I was here lol.

I’m 37 weeks Wednesday and still haven’t packed my bag. I was hoping for a home birth, but I know I still should pack a hospital bag plus it’s looking less and less likely I will be able to have her at home. I just get so distracted by other things... must start putting it together tomorrow

Had a bag packed before I hit the 3rd trimester but didnt grab it to the hospital. Didnt need it.

I'm 29 weeks today and I may pack it soon out of boredom. I also have to pack more this time around to be safe because currently my hospital isn't allowing visitors to come and go. I can have 1 support person, but they must stay the length of my stay and if they leave they cannot return, so there won't be any going back for stuff if we forget anything. I will also have to pack for my husband which isn't something we've done either time in the past, we've always lived close enough for him to run home to do things.

I'm 29 weeks today and I may pack it soon out of boredom. I also have to pack more this time around to be safe because currently my hospital isn't allowing visitors to come and go. I can have 1 support person, but they must stay the length of my stay and if they leave they cannot return, so there won't be any going back for stuff if we forget anything. I will also have to pack for my husband which isn't something we've done either time in the past, we've always lived close enough for him to run home to do things.

it’s lovely they can stay though,mine aren’t allowing anyone,ur birthing partner can come until baby is safely in ur arms and then they must leave,with no visitors whatsoever until it is time for ur birthing partner to pick u up and take u home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->