Hospital Bags

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
I am now 34 + 2 weeks pregnant and the stress of getting things ready is really wearing on me. I have constructed a list of things I will need to pack for the Hospital.

On top of things for myself and baby I have listed things for my DD, who I am insisting be there with us, and my husband.

I was wondering if I am overlooking anything? Or if I am bringing too much? >Hospital will supply me with pads and diapers for baby during my stay. <

** I have everything for Baby (Moira) packed already, and most of the things for myself. I also need to make sure to supply my family with food. Because hospital won't, and we can not afford multiple cafeteria visits a day. (I am planning for 4 days - worse case scenario)

• In General -
  • Camera & Charger
  • Laptop, power cord, mouse, keyboard
  • Mobile Phone & Charger
  • Birth Plan

For Athiliya -
  • Diapers
  • 2 Changes of Clothing
  • Sweater
  • Snacks:
    - Raisins
    - Cereal
    - Banana Cookies
    - Gold Fish
  • Food:
    - Oat meal (bowl/spoon)
    - 8 Gerber meals (fork)
  • Playpen
  • Some Toys
  • Sippy
  • Blanket
  • Nursing pillow
  • Wipes
  • High Chair

For Husband -
  • Extra Sweater
  • Thermos with Coffee
  • Blanket
  • Snacks - Chips etc.
  • Food - Sandwiches

For Moira -
  • Swaddler
  • 2 Baby Hats
  • 2 Onesies
  • Sleeper
  • Socks
  • Coming-Home outfit
  • Blanket
  • Infant car seat & Insert
  • Winter Suit

For Myself -
  • Socks
  • Nursing bra
  • Labor gown
  • Comfy pants
  • Comfy shirt
  • Sweater
  • Underwear
  • Hair Brush
  • Makeup
  • Face Wipes
  • Travel sized Shampoo, body wash, and lotion
  • Toothbrush and Paste

I didn't even use half of my stuff Friday. I for sure over packed. Especially on baby items. The first night i kept baby in her diaper because i wanted to do lots of skin to skin during the night.

I didn't even use half of my stuff Friday. I for sure over packed. Especially on baby items. The first night i kept baby in her diaper because i wanted to do lots of skin to skin during the night.

First - Congratulations!!

As far as baby items go. Hospital staff will have a go at me if I leave baby undressed for a long period of time. I did with DD, and they got on me for it. Not to mention I do not know how long I will be there.

With DD, I was there for about 6 days, and 3 of those were after my EMCS. At my last prenatal appointment my doctor mad a point to tell me I may be there for a few days - But she has pretty much already decided my VBAC will fail and I will end up with another EMCS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->