Hot Chocolate?

hopeful2797

Reaction score
I have tried to cut back on my caffeine intake (I pretty much have none most days). It is SO COLD here today and I am wondering if a hot chocolate from the convenience store would be too much?

Yes, it does since chocolate itself has caffeine. I'm just not sure how much!

I would think a cup of hot chocolate would be perfectly fine. I believe chocolate has less caffeine than coffee anyway? (I might be wrong though).

You could always just get a small one to be on the safe side. Or maybe even some hot apple cider? I quit coffee as soon as I found out and thats been my morning ritual now instead of the coffee.

(Funny thing is that I dont miss the coffee as much as I thought I would)

I was lucky and hated coffee to begin with so didn't have to struggle through kicking that habit! I just had to kick out my soda addiction, which also wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Crazy how easy things become when you know you're doing it for your little baby!

I have read that hot chocolate has much less caffeine than coffee, I just wasn't sure if it was still TOO much. But I think you're right. I'll just get a small one to warm me up!

I would try the apple cider except I'm already at work and don't have any readily available!

Chocolate does have caffeine in it but a mug of hot chocolate would definitely have less than coffee or tea, just don't have too many mugs in one evening :)

You're fine with a cup of hot chocolate. :)

https://www.ask.com/question/does-hot-chocolate-have-more-caffeine-than-coffee

Thank you everyone!! They keep the heat so low in this building and I really needed something to warm me up! I'll go ahead and dive into this cup now! :)

Go for it! Totally fine! Most hot chocolate is made with milk chocolate which has very small amounts of caffeine! Its dark chocolate (80% cacoa) that is the real deal with caffeine:) I have a peppermint mocha(decaf) once in a while...and enjoy it since I can't have regular coffee yet. And its cold here, snowing...I love warm holiday drinks. So go ahead and enjoy;)

I have actually read that chocolate is quite good for pregnancy. It is an excellent natural mood enhancer for moms to be. Someone even wrote a book about how mom's who eat chocolate (real chocolate, not milk chocolate) have babies with sweeter dispositions...! Small amounts of caffeine are also considered fine.

Hot chocolate is good I think because its a cup of warm milk and milk is good for u xxx

I'm drinking a cup of hot chocolate right now that says it's 99.9% caffeine free. Otherwise, I have a cup of decaf coffee on most days and have a cup of caffeinated flavored coffee once or twice a week. :)

Instead of coffee, I've been drinking hot cocoa. Yes chocolate has caffeine in it, but such small amounts, it should be fine.

Ha! Hot chocolate is definitely my go-to now that I am cutting out the coffee! Though I'll admit I did end up having a cup of coffee because I had a headache and didn't want to take any Tylenol. It worked. My headache went away!

I quit my 2 cup a day coffee habit after BFP, and now I have 1 cup of normal tea with the tiniest splot of milk after lunch, then on top I drink TONS of cups of herbal ginger & lemon tea, which is nothing more really than slightly flavoured hot water.

But each evening I tend to have a hot chocolate as otherwise my milk intake is close to zero and I worry about not getting enough calcium. I think in moderation hot chocolate is just fine, and of course it's sooooo soothing and great just before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->