hot dogs??

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
ok are we still not aloud 2 eat hot dogs i really really fancy sum for tea with onions on i av been craving then for a week now but was told we cudnt eat the in first tri , are we allowed now?

I would like to know this answer too. I WANT A HOT DOG!!!

i've been eating hot dogs! as long as they are cooked thouroughly I don't see any problem!!

I've been eating veggie dogs as meat is still kinda gross to me, but I've heard that as long as they're cooked through, you're fine!

i think you can as long as they are piping hot! Ive been eating them anyway! x

I've been told they are just fine as long as they are cooked all the way through- the hot dog juice in the package is more likely to.have the listeria

my niece and nephew had hotdogs yesterday and i have craved them since!

i just read this...

Two reasons why 'they say' not to eat hotdogs. First of all, they once had a lot of nitrates (they still do, but less) which isn't good for fetus and second because all packaged meats can get contaminated with listeria at the packing place.

Nitrates: occasional hot dog is not an issue. There are FAR FEWER nitrates in today's shelf meats than in the past.

Listeria: heat the hot dog until it is piping hot throughout. That will kill any listeria contamination. The same goes for any meat you get at a deli. If you can't heat it, don't get it.

Finally, if you are having any problems with high blood pressure, skip all the shelf, packaged and deli meats because they are high in salt.

You can eat them in any trimester as long as they are cooked its fine, although with my first pregnancy i ate them cold out the tin usually at 2am

oh yeah i want hotdogs but i want corndogs more lol need to find somewhere in the UK i can buy them caus i cant import meat into the EU grr

they are hotdogs on a stick with cornbread coating yummy, we have them in NZ and i used to eat them as a kid

wow they sound amazin i wonder if you can make homemade ones?

im huntin for corn dogs now i must try them lol

I've eaten hot dogs. It is one of those things that if you take in moderation it is fine. Just don't want to be eating them everyday.

in my first pregnancy theyre all i ate for weeks and weeks, hot dogs and a jar of sauerkraut at a time!

I have had hot dogs but I washed them real good then cooked them well done. My doctor said it is ok as long as they are cooked well. She also said deli meat is ok as long as it is heated very well. And of course all of this is in moderation.

Enjoy your hot dog! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"