• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hot tubs?

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site but have been reading your posts and they seem really helpful. I'm 10 weeks today and was looking for a bit of advice, we are off the the Lakes tomorrow where we have hired a log cabin for the new year. The cabin has it's own hot tub although I've heard that these can be dangerous. Any ideas?
xx

hi there,

as far as I know we should avoid them, or should only use them for short times - less than 10 mins. But the one at the cabin (lucky you!!) should have instructions and should mention pregnant ladies.

I went away in the summer and the jacuzzis there were soooo hot. I could only just manage to stay in there!! I can only imagine that that would be very bad for a pregnant lady.

If I were you i'd just pop in briefly, or ideally avoid it if possible, as sad as that idea is - sit on the side and pop your feet in?

i asked my doc about this and she said the hot water cant harm the baby , the problem is that it affects your blood pressure, they advise pregnant woman against them because you could faint, or feel very bad afterwards.
i like hot baths so i asked about them and its the same theory have to be careful about your blood pressure.

enjoy your vacation

ah thanks for that cup cake - I love hot baths too, and hve been in some worried states i the bath trying to keep belly above the water line! so it's not my belly but my head i should keep an eye on!!

Thanks for the replies, think I'll avoid it or simply dangle my toes! Hope you all had a great xmas xx

haha tiny toes me too, i was pushing my tummy out all the time.
i did feel woozy a few times i got out tho, so i think there is definitely some truth to it, now im just gonna make sure DH is home so that he can be there when i get out.

I've read its not good to go in a hot tub at all when pg. Dangling your toes only is probably a good idea. It's a small sacrifice for such a wonderful gift. Congrats!

Yeah it says in the book I'm reading that you're not supposed to elevate your temperature above 38.2 degrees and thats why you're not supposed to go in hot baths? I love hot baths, I take a book in there and just sit for ages. :(

yeah hr you are right, its your temperature...because your bean can't control his/her temp yet, you are the one in the control centre..so if you get hot so does your baby, which would/could cause it distress..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->