housing advice.

cookielucylou

Reaction score
We are currently house hunting and it is really stressing me out! At the moment we live with my oh's dad but it has got really bad living here and we need to move. We have applied to the council but told we pretty much have no chance as we are classed as adequatly housed and according to them our income is high enough to private rent. After lots of saving we have enough for fees and a deposit and applied for a house through an estate agent to be told that we dont earn enough for our application to go through!
As you can see at the moment we are rather stuck in the middle, we have been told that we may have a chance if we had a guaranter but we have noone that meets there requirements.
I just dont know what else to do I'm finding it really difficult living where we are now but every other door seems shut to us atm.

Could you not go to a different housing agent? There's local ones to us that are specifically for people in situations like you or on DSS etc. That places like haart and things wouldn't rent out to.x

I second the advice to go about to a few different agents, not sure how things work over there but would there be any independant landlords not using agencies? They may be more accepting of your situation. Hopefully you get sorted hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->