Housing Help

SweetChilli90

Reaction score
This might be long so bare with me.

The lease on our flat ends on the 19th of Sept so we have basically a month until we have to move out. I've had my name down for a council house but it's unlikely that i'll get one in time so I have to find money for a new deposit and the first months rent. Unfortunately me and OH are unemployed (OH job starts in Oct and i'm waiting to hear on jobs) so how do we get the money together? we're looking at around £1500-2000, and that's cheap and probably an unfurnished house so then we have to but furniture. I'm trying to make money by selling stuff and we get JSA and HB and that only just covers our outgoings atm :shrug:

Starting to worry we're going to have nowhere to live soon :cry:

You can get a budgeting loan to help with advanced rent ans furniture. Its interest free and the repayments are taken out of jsa

Has your landlord said they will not renew your lease or do you want to move on? Could you not use the deposit that you paid for the place your in now then you would only need to find the first months rent? Hope you get it sorted x

ETA: My local council do a scheme where they will pay the deposit for you by way of a bond, but not all landlords/agencies accept this. If you contact your local housing officer and explian to them they will be able to tell you if they do the scheme/who in your area accepts it.

Thanks both of you.

We could've extended the contract but couldn't really afford it, we can get bigger places for £120 cheaper.

I'm going to look into the deposit scheme and budgeting loan later on tonight.

I'm sure it'll work out in the end :haha:

my council also do a rent deposit scheme. they lend u the money for a deposit and the 1st months rent and u pay them back each month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->