How am I supposed to lose weight when...

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
...thing like ginger cake exist?

OH just went to the shop and came back with ginger cake. My favourite.

I hate the way I look an I exercise but I just love food too much. I can't just not buy things like crisps, biscuits, cake etc because if I don't buy them OH does. And he eats SOOO much and just stays skinny...I HATE THAT!!! I wish I could not like food. And it's not like I don't like healthy foods I LOVE fruit and veg and salad and I could eat cucumber all day but I just can't resist the lure of everything else. Steak and big roast dinners with gravy and fish and chips and risotto. I make most things from scratch so it's healthier than store bought but I also bake with my son as he loves it and I go to my mum's and tasty food is just everywhere. I wish there was a way to eat all this and get thin. I wish I could convince myself to only like healthy foods and cut out all the junk but I can never stick to that and constantly fall of the wagon.

Anyone else had this problem and got through it?

Oh yes I hear ya.

My Oh is exactly the same. He can eat and eat and eat and not put on a gram whereas all I have to eat is a peanut and I put on a stone -.-

My biggest downfall at the moment is milka with dime in it. And bratwurst. Sigh.

OMG that milka sounds LUSH!!! I love Milka and I love Dime bars, what is not to love!

Hold the phone, Milka with Dime in it?! Sweet lord I hope they sell it here!

Yep I have the same problem. Every weekend DH says "let's have a bbq" or "ooh I bought home all these cakes from the cake sale at work" :dohh:

Yeah you can get the milka with daim in it here!!! My love for food is exactly why I'm as big as I am!! I had a salad for dinner and enjoyed it for the first time ever last night so I'm going to try a but harder but after that I ate a huge bowl of Eton mess. I have no self control!!

I am the same! since moving in with oh 16 months ago ive put on 2 stone!

Totes agree!
My downfall is chocolate brownies from costa or KFC!

My downfall is everything! Especially my OH. Treating me to some sweets or ooh lets get pizza! Lol! I love food :) xx

Im the same and need to lose 3-3.5 stone PP :(

Shel give yourself time lady! You're probs still a bit swollen. I've done 2 stone so at probably weight but wanna lose another to be pre OH weight lol xx

If you really don't want your OH to buy that stuff, maybe you could ask him not to? Or ask him if he'd eat it at work or while he's out, if he has to have it.

My OH stopped buying junk food so that I could lose weight, I'd have never been able to do it if he was always bringing treats home!

I am the same. I don't even know what normal eating is. If I'm not dieting strictly then I'm binging on everything in sight. My OH is terrible at encouraging it too, he'd live on takeaways if we could afford it/I allowed him. I got down to about 8 stone before Christmas and thought I'd let myself have a break over the Christmas period and my OH came along with his ice cream milkshakes and crisps and chocolate and take aways..... I got up to 10.5 stone! I'm nearly a stone and a half down now but it sure isn't as fun getting it off as it is getting it on :haha:

I wish I could get back to 10.5 stone. I have another 2.5 stone to get thete. I didanage to get down to 12.5 but am now back at 13 and stuck there

Have you tried/heard about slimming world? I haven't but I've read loads about it and it sounds like it might suit you better than a really restrictive diet. Sorry if you weren't after advice :haha:

Have you tried/heard about slimming world? I haven't but I've read loads about it and it sounds like it might suit you better than a really restrictive diet. Sorry if you weren't after advice :haha:

Slimming World for me was the worst diet I've ever done. I used to have an ED as a teenager and found this diet far too restrictive and controlling BUT it does work well for a lot of people! I find just counting calories, keeping everything in moderation has been the easiest for me xx

Heh well, I wouldn't know as I haven't done it. My thought process was that you can eat as much as you like of certain foods, which is a good thing for those who tend to binge as they can fill up without feeling guilty, and not fall off the wagon.

I found restricting my calories very difficult and was often hungry - each to their own!

Slimming World for me was the worst diet I've ever done. I used to have an ED as a teenager and found this diet far too restrictive and controlling BUT it does work well for a lot of people! I find just counting calories, keeping everything in moderation has been the easiest for me xx

Counting calories is all there is to it. Working out how much you need to eat/burn each day, plus your BMR, and it makes it really simple!

How am i meant to lose weight while FOOD exists lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"