• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Andrew came into the world

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Ok, well i have only just found where to post this.... :dohh:.... So on the 14th at 8am, i went into hospital to be induced, i was hoping to be dilated and my cervix favorurable bu unfortunatly it was not, baby was not engaged and therefore they couldnt break my waters as the cord can be wrap around them.

So first pesserie was given, and i had to wait 6 hours... i had a few little tightenings but that was it, six hours later they checked me, still no dialation and waters still unreachable... :( so i was given the second pesserie and another 6 hours.

That six hours was different, i was having small mild contractions from about an hour in, not painful but they were there, they were 30 seconds off 50 seconds contracting.. The midwife explained this was a false labour cause by the pesserie and i was making no progress, she recomended i have pethadine, it stops the false labour and hopefully i would beable to make some progress if any contractions continued.

It worked very well, they slowed down within 10 mins, she checked me again and said she would be able to break my waters now, they went really easily.

Then my first contraction came, and it was a huge one... and i couldnt stop myself from pushing, i told my husband to get her as i could feel the head... She came in and i told her his head was there She checked and said "yep his head is half out" And started frantically trying to prepair for him as she was not in the least as it had only been 3 mins since she had broken my waters.... She told me to give a little push and he was born...

The midwife was soaked, she had no gloves on the bottom of the bed was still on... it was a bit quick, literally 5 mins in established labour. :happydance:

Andrew was unfortunatly born with a fan directly on him, and a widow open, so he got cold and that effected his sugars and we ended up in neonatal breifly.

So that is our story :happydance:

Bit too fast for bubba :( but it all worked out in the end...

Lucky you for that fast delivery! Wishing you the very best with your new LO :)

Wow that's shocking! Must have been a bit scary to happen so fast! Congratulations x

Wow! That's fast! Did you recover as fast?

Also got straight back into my pre preggo clothes so I was well chuffed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->