How are you coping being pregnant after MMC

Puddleduck

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I am really after some advice please. I am so so worried following my mmc in June that the same thing will happen again to me. I am now 6 weeks pregnant and very anxious that it's going to happen again as this was how old the bean measured when I had my scan at 8 weeks the last time. So I am aware that the bean had died during this period.

I had a complete break down this morning in tears cause my symptooms keep coming and going and this morning I dont feel pregnant. Boobs aren't sore and the cramps/stretching pains have subsided today. I have only had 1 day of nausea.

I asked the midwife if she could arrange an early scan and she said no problem and when I suggested next week she laughed and said no way would they scan this early cause there is nothing to be seen at such an early stage....:nope: So she lied about my edd to the hospital so I am booked in for a scan at 10 weeks now. 18th January ... how on earth will I cope until then ???? I am worried that I will lose this one as well.

I know lots of you have been through mc and mmc and I wonder how you are coping the second time around ? How do you keep positive ? Is it normal for symptoms to feel strong and then disappear for a bit at 6 weeks. My husband has said no to an early private scan this time and we should wait till the 10 week scan. He doesnt want me to be upset but I just cant seem to clear my mind of the worry.

:hugs: XX

:hugs2: :hugs2: Can you not phone your ante natal ward where they do the scans and get a scan? I did that and I managed to get one 6 days later.

I havnt gone through a mmc or mc but I have had a stillbirth so I understand your worry. I worry that ive had a mmc with this one as my last scan was a good few weeks ago now.
I cant give you any advice on how to cope, I am struggling myself and dreading getting to 25 weeks, but just try and take each day as it comes and try not to stress too much (I know thats easier said than done though :hugs2:)

Lots of love x x x

Hello puddleduck and congrats on your :bfp:

I can empathise totally with how you are feeling. I had a mmc, a BO which wasn't discovered til my 12 week scan in July. I've since had a chemical too. I am about 7W4D today I am completely paranoid about something being wrong again and am always worrying that symptoms seem to come and go. I am waiting for my scan appt to come through as we speak. I went to see mw last week and she sent off for my early scan. Thing is, it isn't going to be early at this rate. I am desparate to know before Christmas. If nothing has come through the post today I am going to ring up and find out. If they can't fit me in before xmas, I will have to try and organise a private scan.

Until I have a successful scan, I can't relax and enjoy being pregnant. Sorry, I'm not being much of a comfort am I, but that's because I am sooo very worried.

Best of luck to you :hugs:

Hi Hun,

I understand exactly how you feel i had a mmc in oct 07 (my 1st baby)wasnt picked up until my 12 week scan and baby died at 9 weeks i got pregnant 3 months later and was an absolute nervous wreck they refused to give me an early scan because it was only one mc so i had to wait until 12 weeks again i honestly dont know how i survived it but i had a healthy little boy and now 16 weeks pregnant again.

My friend wanted an early scan with her last baby and she went to the doctors and said shed had some light bleeding and she was seen the next day (im not saying this is right but she got the scan) You can have a reasurance scan done private at about 7 weeks i think, it might be worth it to put your mind at rest and enjoy christmas...

Hope everything works out hun

Ruth

:hugs:i had 2mmc before i had my daughter 5 yrs ago and even though it was so long ago it is like its fresh in my memory now iam pregnant again,i lost my babies at 6 and 8 weeks though didnt find out till i was 12 weeks with scan,see my midwife this weeek and gonna ask her to book me in for early scan to put my mind at rest,pregnancy is never easy at the best of times and worse stll after youve lost one.

hiya hun,

i know exactly what your going through i had a mc in september at 6w5d and it was a very complicated one very stressfull, i found out i'm pregnant again last week i'm only 4weeks but absolutley terrified it's going to happen again every cramp i worry. i went to the docters and they are booking me in for a couple weeks time to have a early scan because i am worried but the docter booked it not the midwife i', not booked in to see the midwife for another 3 weeks, if you speak to your docter they should booked you in for a early scan if your worried and have a history of mc. if your eating healthy, taking things slow, and taking your folic acid you should be fine hun, you just need to relax i know it's hard but stressing out won't do you any favours

:dust:

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pf___.png

hey hun,

i dont know why she is saying you wouldnt see anything at 6 weeks, at 6 weeks i saw a heartbeat so you should defo be able to see something hun.

i had a miscarriage in April this year so i know exactly how you are feeling, its terrifying thinking of anything happening again. my advice would be just try to keep your spirits up because all of your negative energy and stressing out is not going to be good for your baby.

as for the symptoms coming and going, its completely normal. i worried the day that my sickness stopped but all of the girls on here assured me that it happens to them aswell. good luck anyway hope everything is okay for you xxx

ahhh sweetie i know how you feel this is my 4th pregnancy in 10 months i was the same but i thought how im i going to get through 8 months like this i did have a scan at 7 weeks that really helped when i saw the heart beat i really thought id lost the baby i was in a right state i am now trying very hard to enjoy this pregnancy but it will always be in the back of your mind but it does get easier as the days go by maybe wait a bit and get a private scan just for reasurance but its normal how you feel we are here for you hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->