How are you finding it?

Murray

Reaction score
Hello ladies! Just a silly thread to chat a little since I'm new to this part.

Gracie's my first, shes 14 weeks now. I found it abit of a struggle at first. Had alot of problems with feeding, now we know it is reflux and shes on gaviscon things have getting better for us. I think at the beginning its all new (nothing like I'd expected) it's really hard. Now shes bigger and I feel like I know her more its alot easier.

OH has just started working away, he's home weekends. I thought I'd find it a real struggle but we managed really well last week :happydance: (pat on the back for me :) lol)

Well I could go on forever babbling so I'll stop there

xx

Hey Hun
Im leah and im 18
I have a 8 month old named Gracelynn Elizabeth.
It was tough for me in the beginning. Between reflux and formula changes and her being sick all the time.
but is has gotten better.
Its still hard because im a single mom.
Thank god for my parents though

The hardest part for me in the begining was dealing with Aliyah suffering from bad colic. She was on SMA which gave her bad constipation along with it too. I had to try all the brands of bottles and find the correct teat and change formula's which all took quite a while. That was the only big obsticle for me really.

Im finding it more hard now than when she was younger tbh lol.

Hiya :)
I'm Lucy and I'm 22. I have a 4yr old called Elena.
It was hard for me at the start because she was 6 weeks premature, and she was so tiny I was almost afraid to touch her.
Then she wouldn't latch on, I tried for weeks but I couldn't breastfeed. I felt so so guilty about it..But it wasn't to be.
She also had and still has respiration problems so I found it hard to leave her alone while she was sleeping.
She's better now though, at least a lot better then she was. Its not as stressful as when she was a baby :)

They said Gracie had colic at first but I was adamant it wasn't. Eventually sussed it was reflux!
Its even harder and frustrating i think when the GP is telling you one thing and the HV another. Then you have your mam and everybody else sticking their ore in. I don't know where the bloody hell I am sometimes! I made a pact with myself that I would follow my own instincts and not listen to anyone. I'm doing pretty well sinc Well apart from today! (bad mam alert!!) We ran out of gaviscon so Gracie had two feeds without it and she was projectile sick :( x

hello, and welcome :)
I have a one year old and tbh things only got hard when he hit around 4 months, i became a single parent, my nan (who i lived with) died, and from there things have just been crap!

:hugs: glad she's getting better and youre doing a great job, LO didnt have reflux so i cant imagine how tough it must be

x

Hi I'm Jemma my LO is 17 months now.
I remember the first few months were so hard to adjust but does get so much easier.

I'm Claire, I'm 18 :)
I have a five week old boy called Ben Ziggy
He's become really grumpy this week so I'm finding it a little hard to settle him half the time and he seems a lot hungrier now!

Hiya :)
I am finding it hard but mainly because im single and already back at college. So im up all night with Jamiee then i have to go to college all day and come back home and start all over again and he eats a ridiculous amount, like yesterday he screamed the house down untill he guzzled 10 oz! but once i start a new course in september and hes in day care and starts going to FOBS once a week it'll be alot more managable :)

Hellooooo :wave:

It's definitely hard when they're younger, I felt the same way. Especially with everything being new and learning to get into a routine, etc etc.. now that he's a year old though, everything is a piece of cake. He still gets his tantrums, but they are for a reason, not just because he has no other way of communicating. And he can occupy himself and be independently playing so he isn't constantly fishing for attention. It's a lot easier as they get older IMO, but other moms will tell you different :D

Its just a whole new world to adjust to. I'm getting much quicker at getting us both ready and out in a morning. This morning I only turned up for baby massage 4 hours early! Thought it was on 10-11 but it was 2-3 lol how I got that muddled up I dont know. I even had to wake Gracie up at 9.15 to get ready and go! It wasnt all of a pointless journey because I work there so we got to catch up with the girls. x

hi,
i also found it much harder when quin was younger, tho we have are bad days still!
hes almost a 1yr and half now and we got to a place where i slightly feel like I know what I`m doing :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->