How are you going to announce your pregnancy?

Avalanche

Reaction score
Hey ladies, have you had any thoughts on how you're going to do the big announcement?

Family we will tell individually and then for friends and on FB, I'm thinking that we are going to Disneyland on Wednesday and so we could get a picture with Darth Vadar holding up a sign saying 'I am not your Father' and OH holding one up saying '...but I am!' And then 'Baby due September 2016'.

Is that too corny? :blush:

That's such a fun idea! I love it!

I'm not sure how we will announce yet. Family and close friends know already.

OH isn't into the whole facebook announcements, not not sure if there will even be an announcement as such! xx

Tjats such a cute idea!
Our fam knows, but this Sunday is my ds bday party so we are going to put a big brother balloon in a box for him to unwrap so it will pop out to announce to everyone there :)

I love it! Very creative! I'm thinking about announcing on Valentine's Day and the idea I had is more corny... I'm just going to show a picture of the ultrasound scan within a heart and write "Next Valentine's Day we will have one more to love". Can't get any worse than that ;)

I love it! Very creative! I'm thinking about announcing on Valentine's Day and the idea I had is more corny... I'm just going to show a picture of the ultrasound scan within a heart and write "Next Valentine's Day we will have one more to love". Can't get any worse than that ;)

Aww I think that's really sweet!!

I love the Darth Vader idea!

We got our dd a big sister tshirt to wear and announce to our parents. We really want her to play a huge role in the announcement bc she has wanted this for so long.

I'm only 6 weeks so haven't told anyone yet. I don't plan to do a fb announcement until after the birth and at that time it will just be a "hey look this time we added a human, not another pet" lol

Most of my close family already know and some close friends. I don't think we will bother with an official Facebook announcement this time as I expect a lot of people saying something like 'you didn't waste any time' I can't be doing with people judging us. X

I think your announcement idea sounds awesome! :flower:

I'm not sure if we're even going to do a facebook announcement. At first I was really excited and really wanted to, and now I'm not so sure if I want to even bother with it. At this point, close family and friends know already (most of them anyway). We'll probably decide whether or not to do a facebook announcement after I tell my older kids.

When I was pregnant with my third, I never announced on facebook - I just added one of those apps that posted a weekly pregnancy update and let people figure it out for themselves. I was around 30 weeks at the time. :haha:

I think thats brilliant. I want to do a picture announcement too! I'm thinking having the kids hold something up to announce it, it'll be too cute x

We got this book over the weekend for our son/announcement:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6133CYJW9ZL._SS500_.jpg

So provided everything goes well with our ultrasound in a couple weeks then I'm just going to take a picture of my son reading that book and post it to Facebook and be like "Getting ready for August" or something.

We were thinking of taking a pic of our daughters with signs that say "oldest" "youngest" then have youngest crossed out and replace it with "middle" lol

My friend did that exact thing with the oldest, middle youngest etc. Was very cute💕

Family and close friends we will tell individually.

Everyone else - I do not think they should know at all.

I am super protective of this pregnancy...

Your idea sounds brilliant! Love it.

I just told people about the pregnancy but this is what I did when I found out she was a girl and put it on here/sent it to people :)

https://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn198/crwxoxx/CE4FB075-DDEA-432A-A916-2DC997DEB69D_zpscibhvfyf.jpg

I like the signs that say "I'm so cute mummy & daddy decided to make another"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->