How are you meant to get organised when you're not meant to do anything

chezababy

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
This is just a moan really. I'm trying to get organised for baby's arrival and was getting some bits out from under the bed which I managed to do fine so I thought I'd put some more things under. I managed to get a suitcase under but it got stuck and I can't move it because its pulling my stomach muscles so now I have to leave it until OH gets home and I can't put anything else under there because is in the way. Its so frustrating wanting to do things and not being able to.how is everyone else coping?

I completely understand! I am the same way...trying to get organized but how are you supposed to when your on bed rest! It is so frustrating at times!

I think you've just got to do it :) You can't not do anything. I pulled two double mattresses off our bed the other day to fit a valance sheet, and then pulled them back on :haha: I can't be doing with sitting around doing nothing all day. Unless you've been told to stay on bed rest or something, I just carry on as normal.
I've dragged the kids triple bunk bed around, the sofa, our table and the removable seats out of our car which are probably the heaviest of all.

This frustrates me too, but unfortunately as above sometimes you just have to! :( I have a house to pack by the 1st May and my OH is out of the house for work 12-10pm every weekday, it's daunting to say the least!
But with that said everyone has a different threshold, I'd be wary of pulling something out if it strained my stomach muscles too because I have a lot of stomach muscle pain, lol.
Could you kind of lay on the floor next to it and push it with your legs? Envision a mermaid, lol.
Oh the things no one told us about pregnancy! :haha:

This frustrates me too, but unfortunately as above sometimes you just have to! :( I have a house to pack by the 1st May and my OH is out of the house for work 12-10pm every weekday, it's daunting to say the least!
But with that said everyone has a different threshold, I'd be wary of pulling something out if it strained my stomach muscles too because I have a lot of stomach muscle pain, lol.
Could you kind of lay on the floor next to it and push it with your legs? Envision a mermaid, lol.

That's what I do!! :haha:

That's what I do!! :haha:

:haha:

Free your inner fish OP! x

:haha:

I used the leg technique to get the things out from under the bed but the suitcase is too awkward. OH keeps telling me off for doing things so I'll just leave it for him. Your right about having to carry on as normal, yesterday I was moving things around to Hoover but nothing as heavy as a bed or sofa I'm wary to anxious to do that maybe because this is our first baby.

I have used the mermaid manoeuvre before, it's effective :) I can't be sitting about doing nothing though, as nothing would get done!! Painted the living room last weekend, along with shifting the sofa about, carrying the hoover up and down the stairs etc etc. as long as you know your limits and don't push yourself too hard x

DH always gets mad when I try to do something myself, but when I ask him for help he always has to do something for work. Then I'll start doing it and he'll freak out and come help. He doesn't want me carrying anything or bending over or sitting on the floor or really anything you have to do in normal life. He's worried about me driving now, even though I've told him it's fine.

I have used the mermaid manoeuvre before, it's effective :) I can't be sitting about doing nothing though, as nothing would get done!! Painted the living room last weekend, along with shifting the sofa about, carrying the hoover up and down the stairs etc etc. as long as you know your limits and don't push yourself too hard x

Did you use the mermaid manoeuvre to paint the walls?! I'd love to see that! :haha:

Did you use the mermaid manoeuvre to paint the walls?! I'd love to see that! :haha:

Sadly no, but I can imagine one big flipper/tail being just as effective as a roller. If not a bit more messy!! x

Sadly no, but I can imagine one big flipper/tail being just as effective as a roller. If not a bit more messy!! x

Well it would definitely look unique, lol.

I agree, as long as you don't feel like it puts you in any danger or experience any pain, I just carry on as normal! I don't like being babied with pregnancy, and I've found that being active right up to the end has helped me keep my energy high and physically I still feel strong and well! I don't understand why people keep trying to tell me not to do things when I feel well enough to do them and would never push it so hard if I thought that I might hurt myself or the baby.

For example, I cleaned my house top to bottom in the last two days (and I mean scrubbing all the floors by hand, cleaning skirting boards, showers, ceilings, behind couches the whole nine yards!) and walked home the 2 miles from my mw appointment last week and felt great afterwards!

We've painted the hallway, stairs and our bedroom since I got pregnant. I can confirm there were no mermaid manoeuvres used :smug:

I feel your frustration. I need to get things done and hate sitting about. I agree with all the pp about keeping active and carrying on as normal BUT please be weary its not always just about not pushing things too far. With muscles being so soft at this point it's easy to do yourself a mischief. I tore through my abdominal muscle at 30 ish weeks picking up a piece of paper on the floor. Its been agony since and won't heal properly until after birth. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Its easier now but at first i couldn't even get off the loo on my own :(
Gl with the suitcase.

Well my OH came home feeling ill and sorry for himself so the suitcase is still stuck under the bed and boxes are just piled up waiting to go under. I'm now even more frustrated because there's more mess than before I started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->