How bad is the 3 hour glucose test really?

Just having my 2 hour test now! Had a lime flavoured drink..which just tasted like squash and it was nice to drink something other than water! Now the 2 hour wait begins and I've got 3 mags to read and will have a go on facebook too to pass the time. Oh and I've been allowed water only throughout process. X

I had the 2 hr test yesterday and i hated it. Half way through I started to feel really sick and dizzy so was taken back into the room and they laid me down and put a fan on me. They also let me have some water which helped. Based on my reaction to the test i'd imagine that i do have GD!

The actual waiting etc wasn't too bad it was the feeling rubbish that was bad for me!

I did it with DS#1 and it was so boring, and I felt weird by the end because of the fasting. I was allowed to drink water.

Ok so all went well...for the most part..fasting bs was 77...first hour bs was 178 (2 points below the cutoff) second hour bs was 164 (9 points above the cutoff) and then third hour bs was 125! (15 below the cutoff) so since I passed 3 out of 4 I passed overall..yayayay!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->