How bad would it be if...

Nessabella

Reaction score
I had a tin of red bull? :sleep:

I am sitting at my desk (10-11 weeks) and I cant keep my eyes open.. had to take yesterday off because I could barely lift my head off my pillow in the morning. I dont drink coffee or anything like that and really need a pick me up....... help x

Too much caffeine!! try a can of coke instead

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/caffeine/

I'd suggest u stick to just 1 can (approx 80mg of caffeine) a day, but if its just a one off boost for today, the recommendations say 200mg (equivalent to 2 cans) is OK - so long as u don't have teas, coffees and chocolate as well.

Thanks Ladies.. I know its not good for me or Baba but it is just soooo tempting when I feel like this. All the ladies at work keep saying I look a bit pale and just had.. aww you ok today.. the sparkle in your eye has gone :( They dont know so have to keep making up excuses.. hate it! Il go with the tin of coke tho.. hopefully the mix of caffine and sugar give me a wee boost to get me through my 12 hour shift today x

Rather than just high sugar boost, try to eat little and often. Carbs are good for energy.
I struggled with eating as I lost my appetite (at 12 weeks am starting to enjoy food again :D). I ended up looking for quick boosts and last week almost fainted as my blood sugar was all over the place. It was scary, so now i make sure i eat plenty all the time

i bought myself doctor pepper and honestly i worked! for about 3 hours afterwards i was actually able to function lol

I don't know, but I have been a zombie at work for about 2 weeks now. At home, too. I am so tired all the time :(

I got up this morning, had my shower and then had to go back to bed and lie down for 20 minutes - I simply couldn't go straight to getting dressed! I feel thoroughly pathetic, I'm normally a morning person....I'm just sooooo tired. I'm 9+4, don't think its likely to get better any time soon!

well with this pregnancy and the last (my daughter) i drank 1-2 red bulls a day as pregnancy really tires me out and i find it keeps me on my toes, i dont drink any other caffinated drinks so im still within my limit of 200mg per day, my daughter was born healthy with no probs weighing 8lb 3oz at 39 weeks so it didnt harm her, i love red bull and find it hard not to drink them but as my doc says the only real reason i shouldnt drink them is the high sugar content as i run risk of getting GD if i have to much sugar intake but so far with both pregs iv been fine :)

Try coke or Dr pepper. Another energy drink (can't remember name) actually has a warning on it for pregnant women.

lucozade is fine for pregnant women

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->