How big are you/were you at 6 months?

newmommy21

Reaction score
I am about to get married in June and the store I bought my dress at just called me stating they couldn't order it any bigger and I would need to buy the sample dress which I tried on in the store. I obviously know that I might gain a belly since I will be 6 months pregnant at that time.

It was a bit big on me to begin with, but I am just nervous that this dress may not fit properly on my special day.

It has a tie up in the back, so it wouldn't be a huge deal if I gained a bit more of a belly.

What do you all think? Any experiences with this kind of thing before?

Here's my bump picture from 24 weeks (6 months) with DD. I don't have much experience with the dress situation, but I just wanted to show you what my belly looked like at 6 months so that you could see how big you might *possibly* be by then. Good luck! :flower:

Attachments

• (6) Twenty-Four Weeks.JPG
    (6) Twenty-Four Weeks.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 6
If you haven't already paid for the dress... you may want to consider one with an empire waist, the kind where the "waist" is just below your chest.

It might not be ideal, but you wouldn't have to worry about it still fitting by June. Far as I can tell there's no way to estimate how big you'll be at six months.

Gosh this is a hard one, I'm still quite small and neat (sorry I don't have pic) but I have seen others on here are really quite big at 6 months so it's really hard to say if you will have a nice big bump or you might not! Sorry not much help was I!! xx

Hey Hun. If you haven't already paid for the dress, I too would wonder about ordering an empire line dress, or one that is specifically for pregnant women. I think it's very hard to predict how much weight you will put on at the stage, plus for me my bump varies considerably throughout the day - in the morning I'm quite neat, but by evening time I seem to have gathered fluid from being on my feet all day, and my bump is a lot larger. I also dislike anything tight against my bump. Though everyone is different, so hard to know! :shrug:

I bought a Tiffany Rose dress for my brother-in-laws wedding when I was pregnant with Eva. I was 7 1/2 months at the time, and it was gorgeous - got so many compliments and was comfortable all day. I know they do some lovely bridal dresses if they might interest you?

https://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/search/maternity-wedding-bridal.html

I totally recommend the Chloe dress!

With my first I still barely had a bump when I delivered at 26 weeks. I got married when I was supposed to be 29 weeks and the store had me order two sizes larger. When I went for my fitting after I delivered it literally fell off of me. It was clearly two sizes too big. They ordered my regular size (which would actually have been probably smaller than my pre-pregnancy) instead and it fit pretty much perfectly. I had an empire though, so it wasn't fitted at all in my tummy. You really couldn't tell I was/ had been pregnant at all.

Thanks guys...I have unfortunetly paid for the dress...however it isn't particularly tight at my tummy...I am just so nervous that this isn't going to fit properly

Id say wait it out, everyone is different. Im about 6 months and Im pretty big. This is only my first baby as well.

Attachments

• 22 week belly.png
    22 week belly.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 12
Some people get very little belly... some people (like me) get HUGE bellies and would need like 4-5 sizes bigger for the belly to fit. Hopefully it works out for you... Maybe a good seamstress could help you find matching material and increase amount of material on the sides if you end up needing it bigger a few weeks before the wedding...

This is me at 25 weeks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
Well, the first photo is 26+4 with my first son I don't remember feeling massive at that point. In fact my belly had grown more in this pregnancy due to bloating by 13dpo. The second photo is 25+5 this time with my second son and not only is my bump massive but I have gone up a full dress size in maternity wear too (pre-pregnancy I was UK 8-10, then maternity 10 and now maternity 12). Of course this will have a lot to do with the fact I am all stretched out from the last pregnancy.
View attachment 571703 View attachment 571707

The thing about bump size, much like everything in pregnancy, is that it is very individual and unpredictable. I guess it will depend on just how much room the dress have left for your to grow into and if you have a small neat bump. Good luck and I hope the dress fits comfortably on the big day! :flower:

Thanks everyone! I guess I just need to hope for a smaller bump

I wish i could post a picture cause im not that big at 6 months...i mean its obvious im pregnant but my doctors say im small even though im gaining weight like crazy : / im still wearing pre pregnancy clothes...the pants are a little tight in the waist and if i raise my arms my tummy shows and my boobs feel smothered in my old shirts...everyone is different though..my friends sister around 6 months pregnant went up a few sizes in clothes. It probably would have been best to have waited before getting the dress but maybe you can have it tailored if you get too big for it. Better start saving now just in case lol ;)

I'm about 5 and a half months and this is what I look like at the moment, but bear in mind this is my 4th baby.

546809_297289110397924_2081534731_n.jpg

I'm about 5 and a half months and this is what I look like at the moment, but bear in mind this is my 4th baby.

Whoah girl looks like you have a cantaloupe in there! You dont look pregnant anywhere else but belly! luck you, look geat!

Whoah girl looks like you have a cantaloupe in there! You dont look pregnant anywhere else but belly! luck you, look geat!

thank you lol. my husband very kindly assures me though that my bum and thighs are a little bigger (aren't men lovely :dohh: )

Could you go back to your dress shop and try it on again but with a pretend bump eg some clothes rolled up into a ball?

One of the maternity stores I shop at has these cushions which are the size of a nine month bump and you can try on the clothes to see what they look like with the bump.

I was super tiny until 28 weeks. I just looked like I ate an extra burger at dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->