How can a midwife tell?

Some doctors dont check or worry about babys position until later, they can change position often right up to 34 weeks and even still after that.

The only reason mine was checked at 32 weeks was because I had to go to the hospital because of high BP.

My baby's position and my fundal height has been checked at every appointment since about 24 weeks. In my notes I have a big green booklet with a page for MW appointments. It's a sort of table with space for general notes but columns for a bunch of things including position, fetal heart rate, my blood pressure and some other bits and bobs (some not relevant yet). Do you not have anything like this? I also have a personalised growth chart that maps fundal height and baby's predicted weight but I don't think everyone gets this. We have a particularly good maternity service where I live.

I think if none of these things are in your notes and you're not being told any of it you should ask your MW about it. The point of the notes is that if something happened and you were away or had to be seen by someone who doesn't know you they will be able to get all of your relevant pregnancy history from these notes. It's important they contain enough information.

My baby's position and my fundal height has been checked at every appointment since about 24 weeks. In my notes I have a big green booklet with a page for MW appointments. It's a sort of table with space for general notes but columns for a bunch of things including position, fetal heart rate, my blood pressure and some other bits and bobs (some not relevant yet). Do you not have anything like this? I also have a personalised growth chart that maps fundal height and baby's predicted weight but I don't think everyone gets this. We have a particularly good maternity service where I live.

I think if none of these things are in your notes and you're not being told any of it you should ask your MW about it. The point of the notes is that if something happened and you were away or had to be seen by someone who doesn't know you they will be able to get all of your relevant pregnancy history from these notes. It's important they contain enough information.

No, i dont have anything like that, jsut a section in my notes where she writes my bp, urine results and how i am, and cervix height.. im defnitly goin to ask about it..The only bits in the notes about baby is the scan reports, none of which say how he is lying, but they are all 21wk or earlier.. Anyway, i will defnitly ask about it, thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->