How can bloods change so quickly!!

georgina.miss

Reaction score
Holaa :)

I have to get my bloods done 1-2 times a week and over the past month my potassium levels have come back high on 2 occasions an i have been referred to a consultant because of this and because of a few other things.....however i dont understand how one day blood results can be ok and the next they are high???? Because my last set of bloods were ok the doctor (which i really dislike) said shes not concerned and i no longer need to see the consultant but the reason i got referred in the first place is because of the potassium in my blood and the doctor who referred me seemed really concerned about it and booked me in for the next day with him!!!

Sorry for the boring rant but i dont understand how they can be different one day and not the next- has anyone else had this problem?? Cheers :) xxxx

hi, cant say why but can say from working in a lab we would get patients on daily bloods and they can rapidly change like that. Usually they are on treatment though or their bodies rectify the problem x

thanks :) yeh maybe its rectified itself or something although the dctor said to me its been quite high throughout my pregnancy but quite a bit higher on 2 occasions one being this week! I thought it was a bit wrong of them not to tell me this at the start!!! lol im going to ask to see only 1 doc from now on as each week i see a completely different one!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->