How can i be as healthy as possible?

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
Hey,

Hope its okay for me to post this, i was just looking for some advice.

After i lost my little boy last pregnancy, i want to be as healthy as possible before i start ttc.

As i have said in other threads, i am overweight so im going to lose a fair amount of weight post-xmas (got 6 months minimum to get slim) but i want to know what otherways there are to get myself in the best shape possible.

I am vegetarian and i might not get enough of all my nutrients, ect. Should i take vitamins or any medication?

Basically, i just want to know ive done everything i can to have the best chance possible of having a healthy baby. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Kt xxxx

Hey girl,
I would go ahead and start taking a prenatal vitamin and folic acid now. The vitamins won't hurt you and may perhaps already supplement what your diet is lacking. Make sure you EAT healthy as you can, don't beat yourself up for any slipups, try to remain as stress free as possible. Maybe start walking if the weather behaves itself, or walk the mall and windowshop if not. You will do great, and we are here for you for your journey! :D

I think a good idea would be to go to your doctor and get a full physical. S/He can give you good ideas of where to start, what to work on, etc.

As for vitamins, I'd also talk to a doctor or naturopath about that or stick to a simple multivitamin plus folic acid.

Then there is the usual drink a lot of water, exercise regularly, stay away from processed/sugary foods.

I also recommend regular meditation for mental health as well.

ooh good question i was wondering the same :)

Thanks so much for all your kind replies.

Im going to bulk order some good vitamins tonight. Ive stocked up the flat with lots of salad and chick peas (yum!) and ive nagged the OH all evening about getting wiifit for christmas.

I just need to have a strong constituency to get through xmas without gaining weight! Im trying to ease myself into dieting by keeping my calorie intake fairly normal but reducing the crappy foods. Should make a new year detox much easier! Then i can look forward to ttc'ing and putting it all back on in baby bump!

xxxx :hug:

A healthy balanced diet is the main thing - a mix of fruit and veg, lots of water, exercise and don't forget the folic acid, Pregnacare is an all in one for everything and is easier than having lots of pots for different things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->