• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can we help them?

I have two great friends that came and brought me lunch. They sat with me in the waiting room whhile I ate then left. It was great to 'step out' while still being there since one of my sons was in critical care in the nicu. They also brought me a big bag full of treats I could keep in the locker of the waiting room. Snacks, gum (always good), crystal light, cookies, m & m's, magazines, some prayer cards, deoderant, advil, face wipes for refreshment, a notebook with pen, saint medallions to take to the incubators, small teddies for the boys inside of their beds, hand creme. It took a long time to make it through the bag, most things were small travel size, but it was such a treat, and now, months later, I won't forget it.

One or two preemie outfits were really nice gifts, and one of my close friends made us freezer meals which were awesome. Also, depending on when the baby will be home, preemie diapers are great, too. (We had one twin at home and one in the NICU.) If the parents are readers, magazines and books are an excellent way to pass some time when sitting in the NICU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->