• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How can you go on listening to the music after this?

P

Pandora11

https://news.sky.com/story/1027393/lostprophets-singer-held-on-child-sex-charges

I've always adored LP, and *before this* had a massive crush on Ian. Even if it's innocent until proven, I doubt I'll be able to listen to any of their music without thinking of this. As for him, my stomach turns just picturing him now. I feel so sorry for the victims :(

Always thought he was a bit strange. I know people who had met him who said he was weird, and very arrogant.

Absolutely vile!!

I can't. I won't be able to listen to it without thinking about what he did (even if he didn't, no one will ever forget)

Hang on.... Ian has only been *accused* of this (I'll be honest, I think its true, at least the trying to have sex with an underage girl, not sure about the pics)

Yet people are up in arms, saying they'll never listen to Lost Prophets again blah blah.

Micheal Jackson went to COURT over child sex abuse. He got off on a technicality. And millions of people bought his cds still, went to see him & fucking cried when he died.

Ulitmatley, Ian's dodgy (very dodgy in this case) activities don't change the music & any band member will tell you its all about the music.

I think Lostprophets are crap anyway so it doesn't really affect me but that story is so disturbing and horrible :( I definitely wouldn't buy music that was going into the pockets of a pedophile, just like I wouldn't pay to see a Roman Polanski film. But if I liked the music and had it already I would still listen to it.

Hang on.... Ian has only been *accused* of this (I'll be honest, I think its true, at least the trying to have sex with an underage girl, not sure about the pics)

Yet people are up in arms, saying they'll never listen to Lost Prophets again blah blah.

Micheal Jackson went to COURT over child sex abuse. He got off on a technicality. And millions of people bought his cds still, went to see him & fucking cried when he died.

Ulitmatley, Ian's dodgy (very dodgy in this case) activities don't change the music & any band member will tell you its all about the music.

Trying to have sex with an underage girl sounds so much nicer than conspiracy to rape a one year old baby.

No, no I can't say I cared for Michael Jackson after the trial, his music repulses me, he repulsed me, I wasn't exactly gutted when I heard he'd died. The whole nonce thing kind of sticks with me for some reason.

Trying to have sex with an underage girl sounds so much nicer than conspiracy to rape a one year old baby.

No, no I can't say I cared for Michael Jackson after the trial, his music repulses me, he repulsed me, I wasn't exactly gutted when I heard he'd died. The whole nonce thing kind of sticks with me for some reason.

At the time of writing that, I didn't know it was to do with a child that young. That does utterly sicken me. But I won't stop listening to them

I never will. Can't believe I had a crush on that guy. So sick.

Conspiracy to rape a 1 year old.
All day i thought it was a 13 year old, i thought you know what, girls get so obbsessed maybe they lied about their age and hes in hot water.
But a one year old. I refuse to believe the police would have released his name, charged and refused bail unless they had serious evidence against him. With him being famous they wouldn't risk a lawsuit if they were wrong.
They were a band of my generation really, hitting the big time when i was 14/15. I feel sick thinking i was a little fangirl back then.

Lots of people were not just loyal fans of MJ but had sympathy for him because they whole heartedly did not believe he did those things or didn't want to believe that their legend did those things. Not just fans but other people/journalists etc Maybe the same will happen here(whether he's guilt or not)

i respect that you could go and still buy the work of a potential paedophile, but many couldn't. (not looking for an argument or saying you're wrong, just expressing my opinion) i'm sure plenty of people will continue to be fans of him even if he is guilty because some don't care about those things - as you said, some people would say it's about the music.

to me, i don't care about his talent or musical abilities(i would listen to the music of the other band mates) enough to be a supportive fan if he is guilty, much the same as i wouldn't.... say, buy a loaf of bread from a corner shop ran by someone who beats his wife, neglects/abuses kids/kicks dogs, steals old ladies handbags, to support his career.i think it does matter. i am not that open minded.

in my opinion(in general not directly about this), if more people cared about the victims and less about the music/movies/football game then less celebrities would get away with crimes that destroy people's lives

I've only heard of one of their songs but it definitely makes me not want to listen to any of their other music. Truly disgusting xx

A one year old? That's absolutely bloody vile. He's a shit singer, from a shit band - and if this is true, I hope he has a shit future in every sense.

I rarely swear like this, but that has repulsed me.

Oh my god, I feel like I could cry. If this is true then he is a sick, sick *******.

^^ that's how I feel. I just can't understand the mentality of anyone who would want to cause such suffering. It makes me sickened to the pit of my stomach, and tearful.

Lots of people were not just loyal fans of MJ but had sympathy for him because they whole heartedly did not believe he did those things or didn't want to believe that their legend did those things. Not just fans but other people/journalists etc Maybe the same will happen here(whether he's guilt or not)

i respect that you could go and still buy the work of a potential paedophile, but many couldn't. (not looking for an argument or saying you're wrong, just expressing my opinion) i'm sure plenty of people will continue to be fans of him even if he is guilty because some don't care about those things - as you said, some people would say it's about the music.

to me, i don't care about his talent or musical abilities(i would listen to the music of the other band mates) enough to be a supportive fan if he is guilty, much the same as i wouldn't.... say, buy a loaf of bread from a corner shop ran by someone who beats his wife, neglects/abuses kids/kicks dogs, steals old ladies handbags, to support his career.i think it does matter. i am not that open minded.

in my opinion(in general not directly about this), if more people cared about the victims and less about the music/movies/football game then less celebrities would get away with crimes that destroy people's lives

I totally agree with you, people should care about the victims of these crimes.

All I'm saying is that I won't go & delete all Lost Prophets music from my itunes. I wouldn't buy more (not that there will be anymore now) But it should always be about the music, not about what band members do. Thats why they form bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->