How can you tell when chicken has gone bad?

candeur

Reaction score
I've just taken out a couple of chicken thighs from the freezer, and they have a really strange smell to them, I really don't know how to describe it, it's like an eggy/BO/sour smell. It's not an overpowering smell, but it's very unpleasant. I've looked on the internet, some sites say that it's okay unless is smells very very bad, others say that it's gone bad... It's for Seren so I'm not really going to risk it, but does anyone know if frozen chicken normally smells like this? I didn't know chicken could go bad in the freezer!

if it smells i wouldnt eat it. i would think its off

if chicken smells its off , dont use it.

Thanks, I've binned it... I'm not much of a cook, so wasn't sure if a slight smell is normal, not risking it anyway

i've had that before when chicken has smelt funny straight from the freezer, glad you just binned it, i'm so fussy with meat, i throw it away at the slightest smell x

Dont eat it if it smells. I once took frozen chicken out of the freezer and it smelt a bit but I ate it and ended up with terrible food poisoning.

Dont eat it if it smells. I once took frozen chicken out of the freezer and it smelt a bit but I ate it and ended up with terrible food poisoning.

Ooh I'm glad I binned it then. I had OH telling me that an eggy smell is normal, but he eats anything no matter how bad it smells :dohh:... I'm just not comfortable risking it with meat, especially not with Seren.

like everyone else said chicken smells when its gone off-it doesnt smell when its fresh!. when chicken goes off it smells foul....hubby's bad joke there not mine!!! lol

When i first read the thread title on the main page i thought it said "how can you tell when chicken has gone to bed" ummmm okkkaaayyy nic!!! lol *slaps head*

like everyone else said chicken smells when its gone off-it doesnt smell when its fresh!. when chicken goes off it smells foul....hubby's bad joke there not mine!!! lol

When i first read the thread title on the main page i thought it said "how can you tell when chicken has gone to bed" ummmm okkkaaayyy nic!!! lol *slaps head*

:rofl: bless you!

I think chicken smells fishy when its off x

my instant answer wen i read the title was

it stinks!

so if it smells bin it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member