How did everyone tell there friends??

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Im not too sure how to tell my friends!
Sounds weird but im more scared of telling them than i was telling my parents.

Part of me feels like their just gonna turn their back on me or bitch about me as im the only one in our group thats in this situation!
Its really worrying me as i get closer to 12 weeks and letting everyone know!?!

I didn't stress about telling my friends at all really.. I just told them one night at a party individually (I had to explain myself pretty quick because I wasn't drinking anything, and I always do!).

I'm out of high school and telling my high school friends was tough, and letting everyone from high school find out was a bit nerve-wracking, but my boyfriend was so open about it that I decided to just do it. I told my close friends first that I didn't want hearing it from anyone else, then told other people as I bumped into them. Whoever else finds out now, congrats to them.. they're not playing a big role in my life or my child's so I'm not too concerned about it.

And finally, I just started college in September, and I didn't want to make friends and tell them right away that I'm pregnant, but I've been sick a lot so I kind of had to, they were wondering what was up with me, etc missing school and stuff. And it's been a bit rough making new friends/trying to knowing I'm just leaving in December anyway.. but I have enough friends anyway I decided :)

I think i'll just let them know when im ready then its up to them how they take it!

If there that bothered by it then maybe they werent good friends to start with i suppose!

x

I told my closest friends when i was bout 9 weeks, but my brother told them all when i was in ma 10th week as we have the same group of friends....
They were all cool and soo nice and offerin help etc...sum who were already parents were like oohhh hope u no what u gettin urself in for!

Dont worry bout tellin em tho ur true friends will be there for you! xx

I told a few of my closest friends about a week after I found at. My so called best friend just had a go at me and we're hardly talking anymore,she thinks im wasting my life away, I couldnt belive it, the one person I thaught who wud support me didnt :( But as for my close male friends Iv told, they have been absolutley brilliant! Been baby clothes shopping with 2 of them and there really excited for me :)
I dont really want to tell other friends who Im not close to as I know they will turn their back on me and Il be the talk of town so Im doing it the easy way and once Iv had my scan on monday,Im going to put it up on facebook/bebo and annonce on there that im pregnant, Then if they've got anything to say then they can go ahead and say it, My life, My baby and none of their business :)
X

I told my friends staright away. One of them actually came with me to the doctors for the confirmation test. All my other friend's were pleased for me. I wouldn't worry about ti hun, if they judge you about it they not worth it :hug: xx

One of my best friends was the one that handed me the test at a party and said go pee on it before you drink this so i went into the bathroom with a pregnancy test and a glass of vodka and juice... needless to say the vodka went down the drain and the pee stayed on the stick lol. After that I didnt care. Its not there choice... if they dont want to be a part of it they dont have to and if they dont want to support you when you need it then there not that great of a friend. All my friends are so accepting to teen pregnancy as our school has a bunch of the girls from the local teen pregnancy shelter that everyone pretty much was just excited and nothing else.

It's basicly the same as with your parents.:)Just rip off the band aid.

My best friend knew that I'm going to test so she half expected it and I just told the rest of them pretty quickly.They were very supportive and became very excited for me!

Just make sure that they understand the situation.
If they turn their back on you,then they're not your real friends but be prepared that you might drift apart from them because of this...different lives and all.

U said it if they cant support u then they werent good friends.. I know how u feel i had a few friends that acted stuck up bout it but who cares... I mean i dont expect them to understand just support.. There were a few bad ones but i was suprised to see how many were good. So yes just take ur time and remember if u need someone who understands.. U have ALL the wonderful young ladies here!

My two best friends knew i was trying so telling them was easy as i knew theyd be pleased for me i phoned them both up and shared the good news :)
and as for my other friends they kinda gathered when i stopped going out clubbing everyweek but i denied it untill 12 weeks gone and i text them to tell them :)

Part of me feels like their just gonna turn their back on me or bitch about me as im the only one in our group thats in this situation!

Hiya. I've had the same 2 best friends since I was 4, i'm now 23. I was 18 when I found out I was expecting and I did worry about telling my friends as it was going to be a big shock for them. At this point in time we'd all drifted apart anyway and I didnt see them very often. I told one of them first, I was about 4mths pregnant at the time and I just showed her the scan, she was pretty shocked, I didnt tell my other friend till I was 7mths gone, I guess I felt embarrassed and a little bit ashamed, but I needn't have been as they were both great, they came and visited me the day after my son was born and they've been great ever since. Now i'm going through the exact same thing as you, as I want to try for another child but i'm frightened i'd lose them this time as i'd be the only one with a child let alone 2, so I can understand how you feel but like some people have already said, if they turn their backs on you, they weren't really your friends. Just tell them and see how it goes, I really hope they'll stick by you :)

I only have one really close friend. She was the second person to find out because she was the one who made me go buy a test, lol. She was/is thrilled. All my other friends I just kind of let them find out themselves (facebook / myspace) and so far I haven't had any negative feedback/comments from anyone.

I wouldnt be worried darl, In my opinion if u dont have trust in a friendship there is no friendship. not saying that your friends arent trustworthy...

My best mate was with me when i took the pregnancy test & with me when i saw the doctor. She has been the best & i couldnt ask for a better mate. (i think shes more excited than me!!!)

I cant say i was worried abt telling her but i was anxious on her response as we are both pretty hard partiers!!! but she was just great along with all the rest of my mates.

I wouldnt be worried hun...

Goodluck xx

a few of my friends just guessed... it was weird.
some dont know yet (i'm not that far along)
and some i just told, because i needed the support.

If they're your true friends, they'll stick with you.
if they hate you for it, you're better off without them anyways.

I've not told any of my friends yet. I want to wait until my first scan before I tell my best friends and then I will wait until I'm out of the first trimester before I tell everyone else.

I haven't told any of my friends yet either. None of my close friends are baby people, i know exactly what they would tell me... the words wasting your life and abortion would probably come up. Maybe that's part of the reason i want to wait to tell them.

Maybe you could tell them individually so that it would be more personal and you wont have to deal with everybody's comments altogether (positive or negative).

Let me know how you did so then maybe i can build the courage up to tell mine lol

I haven't told any of my friends yet either. None of my close friends are baby people, i know exactly what they would tell me... the words wasting your life and abortion would probably come up. Maybe that's part of the reason i want to wait to tell them.

Maybe you could tell them individually so that it would be more personal and you wont have to deal with everybody's comments altogether (positive or negative).

Let me know how you did so then maybe i can build the courage up to tell mine lol

None of my friends are baby people either... my best mate wasnt a problem but i did get a bit of critismn frm a good mate of mine... although her parents are pretty strick n she went throu an abortion a few years back that was really hard on her...so although she was trying to be supportive she couldnt help but get upset abt me be pregnant & going thru with it.. which kinda hurt me abit but i understand where shes coming from

My outlook is that its your body & ur decision, We have all been given a wonderfull gift & although others may look down upon us or havent different views on it at the end of the day this is ur child... ur blood. Anyone who can openly tell u that u should get an abortion should be shot.

My mate & me talked abt it but she was sooooo supportive in whatever decision i made.

In my eyes this is a true friend.

Everyone else is simply jelous that we have the ability to bring such a beautiful thing into this world :) hehe

omg... im sorry... that sounded a little harsh after reading it again...

Im not at all saying that anyones friends are mean or anything... i just cant imagine my mates having a reaction like "get an abortion"

If u get what i mean...

Gahh... i keep trying to get a point across the last few days & everything keeps coming out in jumbles! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->