How Did You Announce "I'm Pregnant!"

GeLiNeisMe

First baby- 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just found out on the 23rd that I am pregnant! :bfp: I took the home pregnancy 3 times just to be sure as I could not believe it after almost a year of TTC. I went for a blood test on the 24th to confirm, and my OB emailed me the results that it is indeed positive and I have our first appointment on Nov. 11th which is 2 weeks away! :dance:

We just told his parents and sister this past Friday. We tried to come up with a fun/interesting way to tell them but since it was short notice and we wanted to tell them soon, we went to Babies R' Us and bought some "Mother To Be" Tea and at dinnertime, I said, "Oh so we bought some tea we think you would like." I placed the tea box on the table and they had to look at it twice and asked if I was pregnant. :saywhat::wohoo:

My dad is currently out of the country and will be back in about a week, so I'm still trying to figure out how to announce it to him. My husband and I will probably wait until the first checkup to announce to our other close family members but still figuring out how to announce to them as well.

Any creative or fun stories from you all on how you let your family know? :loopy:

We did a special video montage of family...and sent it out as a christmas gift (in 2011), and at the end of it...it said...'But wait...there's one more thing...a new addition joining our family in June 2012' (and on the screen flashed an ultrasound picture. It was awesome, and really emotional;)

i as well just found out we are expecting im 5 weeks today and are going to wait till christmas if i can hold out to tell family

i as well just found out we are expecting im 5 weeks today and are going to wait till christmas if i can hold out to tell family

Congrats! And thanks for the add! My husband and I are thinking maybe to announce to the rest of our family around Thanksgiving, though we are for sure all usually together at X-Mas. i don't know if I can keep it in and wait that long! :winkwink:

I'm boring I've texted my family each time lol doesn't help that we live 5-14 hours away from all family.
We are going to put a cartoon pic of three sperm with the words 'one made it' on Facebook :p

I facebooked them "pregnant again".

This made me laugh :rofl:

The only people we are making a fuss with are our parents, I will be 12 weeks on Christmas Eve so we plan to give my mum two Lego bricks for Christmas. She's always joked on that if my DH got me pregnant again she'd take two bricks to his manhood :haha: I'm hoping she'll work it out lol.

I'm thinking for the in laws I might give them a 6 slot photo frame, they currently have 5 grandchildren, I'm going to put a picture of each child in and in the last one just put a note saying 'save the space for July 2014'.

And we don't have Facebook so everyone else can do the whole 'is she getting fat or is she pregnant again?' thing!

Congrats! I'm 5w4d and we're going to wait it out until our first prenatal appointment at least, just to make sure things are going well... it's too bad because I live in Quebec and there's a shortage of doctors, so I have to wait until Dec 2nd! I'll be over 10 weeks... such a long time to wait. But at least by then we'll know what's going on and feel confident telling the family. :thumbup:

I really want to make it special this time. I'm just so scared to announce it yet! lol after the m/c last year I think like some of the ladies are saying I will wait until I've had my appointment first :)

I am the same as a pp. I am boring. Maybe not boring announcements just aren't my thing.

I called my parents (out of town). My OH visited his parents (same town). We texted a couple friends and then let the rumour mill work its magic.

We've bought DS a t-shirt which has a little super hero figure on it and says 'I'm going to be a super big brother'. We are just going to go visit our parents while he's wearing it and wait to see if anyone notices!

I will be 13+5 on Christmas Day.

We will 1st tell our children aged 4 and 2 years, (after the stockings) and then get my 4 year old to ring round the relatives and tell them whilst on speaker phone!

She will be so excited :happydance:

We've bought DS a t-shirt which has a little super hero figure on it and says 'I'm going to be a super big brother'. We are just going to go visit our parents while he's wearing it and wait to see if anyone notices!

We're doing something similar. :) I'm flying out to visit my family this weekend and my dad/step mom and step siblings don't know yet. I got my LO a t-shirt that says "soon to be a big brother" and I'll have him wear it, see what they say. :)

For our facebook announcement we're waiting until we find out the gender. We're debating hiring a professional photographer and having our son jump out of a big box of blue or pink balloons (or something similar).

We told our parents and siblings last night. We made cards saying "only the best parents get promoted to grandparents" with a picture of our 8week u/s in it!they loved it and flipped out (first grandchild on both sides).

My parents know but because I've had morning sickness and bleeding so hard to hide and my best friend knows. Our scan isn't until a week tomorrow, if all is ok will tell his parents, it's number 4 in 4 years, I'm not expecting the most joyous response haha. Would love to leave it until Christmas but I'll be 20 weeks by then so don't want everyone other than them to know (they love 500 miles away).

We will just call his mum, probably call his youngest sister and tell her her baby due dec 30th will have a cousin close in age and and then do some announce on Facebook, like the paper clip idea but not seen any with 3 kid paper clips already lol

With my son we didn't tell anybody until christmas when we were 11 weeks. We put a scan photo in a special frame saying "baby's first Christmas" to tell my parents and sisters. With this pregnancy we had a miscarriage beforehand so we didn't do anything special for my family but we dressed my son in a 'I'm going to be a big brother' t shirt for his birthday to tell his cousins

I think I'm going to put my Facebook status as "Joeyjo & Mr Joeyjo are going to be outnumbered" when I get round to announcing probably about 20 weeks. (It's our 3rd)

I have ordered my daughter a tshiet that says 'I'm going to be a big sister'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->