How did you entertain your 14-weeker?

PAgal

Reaction score
My lo has always been so content and happy, very easy to manage, so to speak. Lately, tho, especially with me, she has been getting fussy in the evening until I get up and walk her around, and even then she is still not her usual happy self. Is she maybe bored? I try toys and books and things but not much seems to keep her attention. We have always had this evening routine of watching tv together on the couch. Now this constant getting up and down is getting annoying, and frustrating because I want to give her what she wants--I'm just not sure what it is! Any suggestions?

What time does she usually start getting fussy? I had the same thing with my lo, he used to start getting fussy around 7 and i didn't know why either, until i realised that it was actually because he was tired. So i started doing a bedtime routine around 7 and now and he's usually always asleep by 8 o'clock. We started a few months ago. Also maybe tv could be overstimulating her a bit.xxx

When my LO is fussy in the evenings he's usually tired/overstimulated from all the day's activities. As long as she has had plenty of games, books etc in the day, I would maybe wind down the stimulation and probably as the previous poster said, start creeping her bedtime forward. It was about the 3 month mark when we stopped holding our little boy downstairs till our bedtime, and started moving him upstairs to his cot in the early evening.

My baby will be 14 weeks old on Friday - I have just started to buy some cheapy toys for her, like noisy ones and she loves them!

I agree with the overstimultion. Rubbing the eyes? glazed over look? And he doesn't laugh/smile too much when he over tired.

But to answer your question: he loves "head, shoulders, knees, and toes," song. I touch all the parts then the next time have him do it and move his arms. He likes watching ms make faces and loves anything that lights up right now. I usually prop my feet up on the ottoman, let him lounge with his back on my thighs and legs on my belly facing me. I sing to him & make faces while watching tv over his shoulder here and there.

In the evenings with the fussy time, I do stretch him a bit and do some baby belly massage, making a few faces here and there to keep him entertained. It is a mild relaxing activity, calms him down, and helps his reflux. It took a few weeks to figure out what worked for him, I am sure you will find something!

Thanks you so much, I am going to try your suggestions! it never dawned on me that she may just be tired but that makes sense- we are still holding her until she falls asleep, which is never before 10-12pm, and she sleeps til 10am. We did lay her in the crib once around 8 and she fell asleep so maybe she will just settle herself if we put her down. It's funny that I never thought of that, we are just so used to her being up late.

Mine has a fussy hour, too. Last night I filled it with "mommy face" time. I just sat her on my lap and we made faces. I do have walk her around lots, though. Sometimes can't put her down. We had been feeding her and putting her straight down. Now we're trying to feed her during fussy hour and she seems a lot calmer so we can extend her bedtime after 6:30-7. (She wakes too early so we're trying to extend.) So food, cuddles and walking are what works for us. Exhausting, though, isn't it?!

mine as started going to sleep earlier the last few weeks because hes getting tired earlier too.

during the day we read books, let him have a kick around on his mat, sit him in his bumbo with the tray so he can reach and grab his toys, go in his bouncer (he loves the animals on it!), cuddles on the sofa, go for walks etc. my LO likes to do different things a lot, i find hes bored if hes sat on my lap all day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->