How did you feel at 14 weeks?

hopes fading

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am 14W 5D (if my scan date is accurate)! yet I feel totally normal, not in the least bit pregnant. I had very few symptoms in the 1st tri but they have gone now.

I had a MMC previously and although the pregnancy stopped developing around 5 weeks, I did not find out until a scan at 13+ weeks. I know that I have seen the baby a few times now (last at 12W 6D) and all is well but I'm still terrified of having another MMC.

I am not due to see the Midwife for another 2 weeks as she is on holiday and I really want to hear babies heart beat.

Anyone else feel worried as they don't really feel pregnant? I have gained some weight and my stomach definitely has a bulge but it feels more fat than bump! I just want signs that all is well!!!

Lastly, I have a pic from my latest scan but I can't use it as my avatar - it is only showing as a tiny thumbnail and I don't know how to attach it to a post. Any advice?

Thanks, a worried Hopes. X

i felt the same as you at that stage wasnt until baby started kicking that i relaxed a bit asall the symptoms of first tri fade its like your not even pregnant ant see or feel anything lol but dont worry you had your scan and all was well in a few weeks your start feeling the kicks and relax x

I'm the same as you at the mo. I really can't tell if my tummy is baby or flab! I think it is probably baby cos I can't suck it in like I could with my old tummy flab. That or I'm just a little piggy now. Ho hum, not long now till a proper bump will appear.

i was the same, i just suddenly feel tired alot now, still waiting for the kicks tho, but still dont feel really pregnant!!

I dont really feel pregnant either. I guess maybe over the last few days i have felt a little different. Bur generally i feel normal. I have a bump and feel a little movement. But i could easily conveince myself im fat and have gas lol

Try not to worry, but I know easier said that done. I had no symptoms as such and only felt a bit tired and then my feet started to swell at 15 weeks. Other than that I never felt pregnant at all. It wasn't until my bump started to appear later on (19+ weeks) that my feeling changed. And by then I was feeling LO kick. Time will fly by. I still can't believe how quick this trimester has gone! :thumbup:

Thanks lovely ladies, I'm reassured by your posts. I hoped I wouldn't wish my pregnancy away but at the moment I am. I guess I just want to get to a stage where I can relax and start enjoying it, safe in the knowledge that little one is OK in there. I can't wait to be kicked - LOL! X

Im the same, I saw my midwife this morning and told her the same thing. She said that this is the hardest time for most women as they cant feel the baby move yet, and the placenta has taken over so a lot of symptoms have gone, i was so worried but then I heard my bubbas heartbeat. Cant wait to feel those kicks!x

Count your blessings. I felt like this from 13 - 14w2 and have been sick every evening since having had only some nausea in first tri. My bump has also got massive, and I have so much heartburn it's untrue. I can't believe I was upset about having no symptoms a week ago, lol.

i am soooo sooooooooooo glad someone else has started this thread as i was thinking of the exact same thing, i dont feel pregnant anymore i stopped feeling pregnant 3 days ago and have no symptoms at all, so glad i am not alone in this and to hear its normal and happens to others, i can rest a little now, only thing ive been noticing is that i have been more emotional these last 2 days, crying at programmes on tv and adverts that kind of thing, and i am also feeling pissed off for no good reason.

I'm 14 weeks and 3 days today, and I'm the same. I also had a MMC, so I know how you feel, OP, it's hard to relax.

I did have really bad sickness in first tri, and that's (finally!) eased, so all I feel at the moment is bigger than normal around the front and a bit tired. But it's normal, and tbh I'm so glad I'm not feeling sick anymore. I'm trying to see it as a welcome respite between horrible sickness etc in first tri and help-I'm-a-whale and heartburn etc which is no doubt just round the corner.

It doesn't help, though, that my 16wk midwife appointment isn't going to be until I'm 17 weeks and 2 days as they're overstretched. :growlmad: I can't bear to wait extra time until they can check for Bubs's heartbeat. Though, trying to look on the bright side, at least there's a better chance of them finding it easily if the appointment is later.

I'm 14 weeks and 3 days today, and I'm the same. I also had a MMC, so I know how you feel, OP, it's hard to relax.

I did have really bad sickness in first tri, and that's (finally!) eased, so all I feel at the moment is bigger than normal around the front and a bit tired. But it's normal, and tbh I'm so glad I'm not feeling sick anymore. I'm trying to see it as a welcome respite between horrible sickness etc in first tri and help-I'm-a-whale and heartburn etc which is no doubt just round the corner.

It doesn't help, though, that my 16wk midwife appointment isn't going to be until I'm 17 weeks and 2 days as they're overstretched. :growlmad: I can't bear to wait extra time until they can check for Bubs's heartbeat. Though, trying to look on the bright side, at least there's a better chance of them finding it easily if the appointment is later.

Hi Kess

You poor thing - my 16 week appt. was scheduled for 17+ weeks too as MW will be on holiday. However, I just spoke to her on the phone and basically begged her to see me early, as I am going out of my mind. She agreed to see me and check for babies HB tomorrow. I'm very lucky though of course there is the chance that it is still too early, in which case I will probably freak out completely :wacko:

With my tail between my legs I have just changed my ticker again, put it back to my original EDD of 24th July. The scan confirmed I was 3 days ahead and the letter I received with my blood test results said EDD 21st July but MW says unless I measure a whole 7 days ahead then my EDD doesn't change. I feel a little silly and a little told off but there you have it!

Good luck to all you ladies. I'm sure that within the next 3-4 weeks we'll all be posting worried that our bumps are too big etc! X

Me again.

I spend a disturbing amount of time prodding and poking my belly; looking for the top of my uterus and generally debating with myself as to whether it's flab or the start of a bump I'm feeling!

I can feel something hard low down where I assume my pubic bone is but I can't decide if it's just muscle. Does the uterus feel much different too a lower ab muscle?

I can no longer breathe my tummy in which is unusual for me but on the other hand, I have gained 4.5 lbs since conceiving, so maybe it's just fat?!

Sorry to ramble ladies. X

Hi hun I'm exactly like you! I also had a mmc last year at 5 wks (didn't know till i was 7 wks). I've had no morning sickness and haven't really felt pregnant the whole time up to now! I've had 3 scans which has reassured me and went to midwife at hospital today and wanted to see if they would listen to heartbeat but she told me it was too early i'd have to wait till 16 weeks. Gutted! Just wanted some more reassurance due to lack of symptoms! From what others are writing its sooo common not to feel pregnant until about 20 weeks so we just need to learn to relax and enjoy an easygoing pregnancy (ha easier said than done!)

Me again.

I spend a disturbing amount of time prodding and poking my belly; looking for the top of my uterus and generally debating with myself as to whether it's flab or the start of a bump I'm feeling!

I can feel something hard low down where I assume my pubic bone is but I can't decide if it's just muscle. Does the uterus feel much different too a lower ab muscle?

I can no longer breathe my tummy in which is unusual for me but on the other hand, I have gained 4.5 lbs since conceiving, so maybe it's just fat?!

Sorry to ramble ladies. X

Ha don't worry you're not rambling! I also feel like i just had a flabby belly but a girl from work said she could tell the diffences happening to my belly. I'm too afraid to prod around for my uterus!

To be honest, i still don't feel pregnant! I don't look pregnant either! Just hoping all is well at my scan, as at the moment it does worry me! It's hard isn't it hun! I'm sure once our lil bubs are here we'll feel a lil silly about it all but right now not so much!

Hi Salander

It's hard work trying not to worry huh! I too have had 3 scans; 1st because I conceived on clomid and they like to check for multiples, as there is an increased chance - 2nd was private and for reassurance and the 3rd was my NHS 12 wk scan.

Even if I hadn't miscarried previously I still think that just 2 scans in a pregnancy is not enough.

I have toyed with the idea of buying or renting a Doppler but my OH has put his foot down as he knows that potentially I could stress myself to death if I was unable to find the HB. I agree but I just feel so desperate at times :confused:

Do you find that you can't stay off Google either? Even knowing that it is the root of all evil, I am obsessed!

Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out great and do keep e posted. X

Hi Salander

It's hard work trying not to worry huh! I too have had 3 scans; 1st because I conceived on clomid and they like to check for multiples, as there is an increased chance - 2nd was private and for reassurance and the 3rd was my NHS 12 wk scan.

Even if I hadn't miscarried previously I still think that just 2 scans in a pregnancy is not enough.

I have toyed with the idea of buying or renting a Doppler but my OH has put his foot down as he knows that potentially I could stress myself to death if I was unable to find the HB. I agree but I just feel so desperate at times :confused:

Do you find that you can't stay off Google either? Even knowing that it is the root of all evil, I am obsessed!

Good luck, I'm sure everything will work out great and do keep e posted. X

Oh my god i'm googling everything! When they told me my ferritin levels were higher (never heard anyone having this) i was looking everywhere for an answer!! Then doc today told me its not too high and not to worry haha

I'm going to get a doppler! My friend at work today brought hers in but we only found my heartbeat....but as midwife said its too early to find one so i'm not worried about it will ask for one at my 16 week scan for peace of mind. Also planning on getting a gender scan at babybond at 16 weeks as my fella couldn't come to 12 week scan so it would be fab for him to see babs before 20wks! Only 2 wks away and i'll see babs again :happydance:
My friends doppler was hi bebe and she highly recommends it and she said she got the hang of it at about 17 weeks. Think i'll just hire it (about £9 i believe) My fellas all for me getting it if it gives me peace of mind.

Saying all that....i'm sure i'll still be stressing out about everything but as doc said i've been through quite a lot from when i had cancer 11 years ago and also being told this year that it was highly unlikely i'd conceive my own (ha! I did!) I just need to relax and enjoy it!!

Good luck hun and keep in touch with how you're getting on x

HI girls I have an angel sounds doppler hear HB from 10 weeks!

I have had 7 losses so now how you all feel I have had no symptoms eaither just hit 13+3

I am in the same boat as a lot of you ladies. I'm 15 weeks and can still suck by belly in... I know my bulge is just flab as I can grab it and pinch it :dohh:'

I look everyday to try to get a glimpse of a proper bumpage.. but nothing at all yet.

I rented a baby beats doppler at 10 weeks and find my LO's HB really fast these days... except sometimes I seem to trick myself into believing I'm hearing things. I record it and play the sound back multiple times before knowing for sure my heart just doesn't beat that fast. :wacko:

So anyway, its nice to know other are feeling the same way... can't wait for this magical 19-20 week mark when I'm supposedly able to feel a kick and see a proper bump. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->