How did you feel the day you went into labor?

MommyMika

Reaction score
Popping over from third tri with a quick question :flower:

How did you feel the day before/the day you went into labor?

Tired? Energized? Nauseous? Was baby moving less? Etc. etc.

Thanks!!:kiss:

Well I was in hospital with gestational hypertension for 4 days before they decided to induce me so I was relieved and excited! Then the contractions started and I wanted it to stop :haha: x

I was also induced so not a big help!!

But when I was induced I didnt feel any different...apart from impatient and excited!!

x

Exactly the same - with all 3 of them. Sorrrryyyy!

Good luck though!! Almost there!!

I felt tired, sore, baby was moving less and then started getting small cramps.... but until then no different!!

Had a small show, cramps, then nothing!

ETA - i was in "slow / early" labour for FOUR days, complete agony and then had to be induced, then emergency section so my experince of going into labour is alot slower than most lol

My contractions started soon after I woke up but I think I was in quite a good mood. Not overly sore or tired or particularly energised. Bella hadn't been doing anything out of the ordinary either.

Once in labour, wow. I went to the library, to the supermarket, for a 2 mile walk, made chilli con carne in the slow cooker, emptied the airing cupboard to get the meter reading, tool a final bump photo...lol. I was on a roll!

I didn't feel quite so energetic 22 1/2 hours later when I finally gave birth!

I felt no different!! Thought baby was never coming!! I was 3 days overdue and woke up feeling like I needed the toilet. Went to get up and couldn't physically get up!! 15 hours later and LO was born!!

I remember getting frustrated cos I had absolutely no symptoms but it still happened!!

i woke up feeling like i need a wee went a wee 15 times then woke oh up and woosh my waters broke then contrations started so quick they went every 5 mins then every 3 but i felt starving and wanted food b4 i left my dad was saying hurry up get her to hospital haha i was like im hungry.

i was in slow labour for a week and a half b4 and i felt so tired and like a heavy pressure down there and verry sore. but i didnt get any reel contractions till my waters broke i got ones i thought was contractions but when the reel thing came i the fake ones seemed nothing lol

I was up half the night the night before worried sensless at the mear though of being induced. So was really tired and lazed around most of the day before forcing myself to run an errand late afternoon before having a surge of energy and starting early labour about 7pm. Early labour lasted about 29 hours and was active for about 4 hours.

I felt fantastic and went to the gym, ran on the treadmill and then lifted weights for an hour. In hindsight, I wish I had slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had lots of symptoms (but can only now see in hindsight)!

- CM changed from copious creamy to almost dry then to EWCM in the few days before my bloody show.
- I had severe braxton hicks from 16 weeks but they completely stopped a week before labour.
- I felt sick and unable to eat for about a week before. VERY unusual for me not to eat...
- The biggest clue was a funny headache I had the night before labour started proper. I was out with some old friends I don't see often. I normally enjoy it but felt distant somehow...all I wanted to do was talk about my birth preferences which freaked them out as none of them have kids. :dohh:
Anyway, the whole time I was out I had a weird pinchy headache in my temples...but not like a tension headache/cluster/migraine. I also felt very irritable. Woke up in the small hours with the headache blinding me and felt very nauseous, gagging over the toilet. Weirdly I thought "hmmm this is odd...I wonder if somethings happening". I was Only 35+4 at the time so no reason to think that.
About 8 hours later my hind waters went and 36 hours later LO was born.

I'm convinced that headache was my progesterone crashing. Like PMS times a million!

I felt fantastic and went to the gym, ran on the treadmill and then lifted weights for an hour. In hindsight, I wish I had slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh! I was the opposite!

I woke up - noticed my bump had dropped slightly and had the sudden urge to make chocolate covered flap jacks!! toddled off to tesco's with my ingredient list and my contractions started as soon as I started making them!! :wacko:

I felt different and knew I was about to go into labour and I was super energized and excited so I knew she was coming. I went food shopping and sprinted up 70 stairs to my house with the bags of shopping, which was very unlike me since I was so lazy during my whole pregnancy and then I made a giant moussaka... and then the contractions started lol

two days before both mornings when i woke i had alot of very water like white stuff leak from me. on third morning i woke to a pop and waters gone this was at 5:45am, had breakfast took my two boys to nans went to tesco at 9:30 started havin contractions 15mins apart went to hospital and baby born at 2:10pm was in labour for 2hours and 20mins

The day before (the friday) I was frustrated as I was running 2 weeks late and I wanted to try everything possible to go into labour naturally as if I didn't by the saturday evening they were going to induce me, and this filled me with horror. I wanted to be in control so I tried everything from drinking gallons of rasperberry leaf, going to the toilet from eating lots of prunes. sex and a sweep! :D

I went into labour thankfully in the early hours of Saturday morning, 4am, I was relieved but I was scared as I knew it was all going to happen from that point on and would have to keep my cool and remember everything from the ante natel classes and what I had read. I was pacing around the house right up until 10am having contractions while DH was snoring away in bed blissfully (he wanted to conserve all his energy for me for when we finally went to the hospital). I was aggitated as I wanted to get to the hospital straight away but my waters hadnt broken. I went anyway as I was in immense pain after the tens machine failed to work for me, they just offered me a few strong painkillers and would you believe sleeping tablets and sent me home again!! They didnt want to know unless my waters had broken. was not impressed as I didnt want to go home and go back to bed, I was soooo frustrated, I just wanted labour over with. I know it can take some ladies up to a day to give birth but im an impatient person lol. I dont do waiting and all the slow breathing excercises were basically out the window and I was getting in a panic.

So went home and back to bed. by this time it was around midday and was laying in bed still having the contractions obviously that were getting ever closer toether and more intense and as I was drifting in and out of sleep (the pills helped to calm me down)
DH was lying next to me in bed kind of catching up on sleep too..
All of a sudden felt this urge to push and woooosh all the waters broke on the bed. Yucky brown gunk everywhere. Phoned the hospital and they said it sounded like muconium in the waters and to get back down there quick so they could monitor LO. so lucky that I only live 20 mins drive away but was peeved really that i couldnt of done all this at the hospital and not had the discomfort of getting in and out of the car and getting stuck in traffic! Saturday mornings sheer hell.

So back in the hospital I went to the labour ward and then it all started happening quickly I couldnt hold back on the pushing even though I wasnt dialating as much as they would of liked but the doctor told the MW it was ok and to let me go ahead. Turns out though I needed an epi though :( and also LO had to be delivered ventouse, but she was out by 4pm :D
I kind of really rushed my way through labour, I didnt have any further pain relief apart from the Gas and Air and I wasnt nervous but I was kind of in denial about the whole ordeal, in fact I had my eyes shut the entire time lol I didnt really want to know what was happening.:D The birth plan also went way out the window, didnt even get a glance in all the confusion and also I wanted to use the pool but I totally forgot about that too, next time hopefully I will be more patient and controlled :)

i just knew! didn't really feel any different but got up out of bed and had a "feeling"
I wrote on facebook at 8am "today is the day, i can feel it in my water lol"
I had my son by crash section 4 hours later x (2 days early)
I think i might have had a mad cleaning spree day before :lol:

I had plug come out the weekend before...bits and pieces. The day I went into labor, I woke up crampy. Kinda like when you feel your monthly coming, knowing you are about to start. It was like that for me. Other than that, I felt like normal..like I usually do. It also took me awhile to figure out I was in labor. The doctor had done a check on me that morning at an appointment..said I was a little over 1 cm dilated. I don't know if I was already going into labor...or the doctor "sped it up" with his messing around down there. After that appointment though the cramps were way worse. This was on a Thursday, by Friday night I was 4 cm dilated(didn't even realize I was that far) and gave birth to my son via c section Saturday morning at 2:30am. I always looked for symptoms and signs..but never registered. Also, I didn't sleep well the night before I went into labor..like I couldn't get comfortable and I was hot. Also had weird dreams.

I had to be induced around 38 weeks because I had gestational diabetes. I went in on the monday ( at 38+3) and they started me off with it, but 4 hours later were too busy to check me over so any progress that I made, which was tightenings, faded. This day I was feeling quite nervous as we walked into the hospital.

The following morning I got checked and I was 4cm and they broke my waters, and everything progressed quickly from there. (8 hours later I had my daughter) On this day, i wasnt feeling nervous, I was actual very excited and keen for it all to just happen. I was very determined to push my baby out a.s.a.p, so I kinda didnt allow myself to get worried or anxious.

Had I have gone into labour naturally, then I think I would have been more scared.

:flower:

I was painting lo's bedroom the day before lol im sure that started it off I was in and out of hospital for reduced movements the day before I had him. The morning after I woke up at 6.30 am needing the toilet, got out of bed and my waters broke, I didnt know that was them breaking at the time. After that I started getting stomach cramps at 9am I was sick twice. I thought I had food poisoning I was that weak and felt physically ill and my son wasnt due for another 3 weeks. By 10am I had had enough I phoned the hospital described how I was feeling and was told to hang up take some paracetemol and go for a bath. Paracetemol did absolutely nothing the bath helped a bit. At 1pm I was sick at least 3 or 4 times, was getting fed up couldnt keep any food down either. I phoned the hospital again at 2pm told me to take more paracetemol and another bath. I did that but 15 mins later the contractions were coming very close and very strong. I decided to go to hospital, my mum drove and I remember feeling the urge to push. Once at the hospital I had to wait in the waiting room by now I was in so much pain went to the toilet and had the urge to push again. I was seem By a mid wife at 5.30 who rushed me up un to labour ward and had my mum boy in my arms 1 hour later. I got told if I had been much longer I would have had him in the car or house lol x

This made me laugh! I was the opposite!

I woke up - noticed my bump had dropped slightly and had the sudden urge to make chocolate covered flap jacks!! toddled off to tesco's with my ingredient list and my contractions started as soon as I started making them!! :wacko:

Drool! Were you able to finish? Probably not. I'd be so pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->