How did you feel the day you went into labor?

I felt pretty normal, or at least I thought I did because I'd resigned myself to getting induced the next day. I had a strong urge to organize things for baby's arrival, and since the room was already done up and her clothes were washed and put away, etc. I decided I'd go through all my paperwork and make sure all the bills were paid and my important papers were organized in their file folders. lol I spent hours going through it all! I felt pretty peaceful and excited about being induced (was scheduled for 6:00 pm) and when I finally fell into bed at 3 am all ready to sleep... POP! Waters went! No sleep for me that night! :lol: Carmen was out by 10:10 that morning.

I was completely out of sorts and didn't feel myself - was enormous as was 41weeks and wore oh's pj bottoms! I cleaned the oven in the morning then had odd pains in the afternoon and kept feeling like I needed the loo. I cooked dinner and pains got worse sk oh googled it and it came back that I was having contractions! My waters hadnt broke just had a show. Didn't go to hospital til 9pm and was examined at 10pm when I was 8cm and then had g&a, my waters still hadn't broke but they broke when pushing - our beautiful daughter was born at 3:36am.

Was having annoying nagging backache and couldn't sleep and then went to the toilet around 2am and had my bloody show and contractions started soon after then disappeared again when I sauna'd, then I had a fair amount of energy and had a very busy morning til the contractions got really strong in the middle of a meeting a couple hours later I was in the hospital in proper labour.

Well I was already having contractions on the actual day but trying to ignore them as I thought it was false labour so thought I'd better be brave if this wasn't even the real thing lol! but the day before I had slight random period pains and the sudden urge to pack the hospital bag even though she wasn't due for 3 weeks. The night before that I felt really odd like I was coming down with a cold or flu and my nose was bunged up...when I googled it afterwards that was actually a sign of impending labour xx

I was really excited with the 'pop' of my waters and seeing it gush out little by little. It was fascinating to experience going into labour. Exhausted and told my doctor I really wanted to sleep when I was in my final half hour when the pushing was on.

I felt completely normal, was watching TV and laughing with OH about something, then boom, contractions!

I had a totally normal and very busy day. I remember being in the park with Poppy and thinking 'i must make the most of these next few weeks with just having Poppy before the baby comes,' and then Florrie arrived the next day (at 36 weeks!) I also got OH to film me and my bump just a couple of hours before the contractions started for some reason!

Same as Flutterby I had a stuffy nose for a couple of days. Yet it cleared by the time I went into labour

Was very emotional a couple of hours before going into labour as I didnt want to be induced the following day, had my dinner then got up from the sofa and my waters went. Contractions 3 minutes apart within 20 minutes of waters going.

I felt fine all day. Was having tightenings all day, but they were not painful. I was on my ball rolling around on my birthing ball and doing kits of house work to try and bring on labour.

Got my pains at 5pm and then I was scared of what was to coming. As I was in labour for 31hrs with Liv.

i was induced due to brooke being small at 38 weeks i was excited though and nervous wanted it over and done with,

I was doing laps around the field behind my house to try and move things along. I was 39+3 and soooo ready to have this baby. I started walking a lot at 39 weeks but the day i went into labour then when i was walking i kept getting cramps (or a stitch, as called in the UK) so i had to keep sitting down. Other than that, i just felt pretty normal and my water broke at 10pm that night. Contractions started a few hours after that.

I felt fantastic and went to the gym, ran on the treadmill and then lifted weights for an hour. In hindsight, I wish I had slept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made me laugh! I was the opposite!

I woke up - noticed my bump had dropped slightly and had the sudden urge to make chocolate covered flap jacks!! toddled off to tesco's with my ingredient list and my contractions started as soon as I started making them!! :wacko:

Drool! Were you able to finish? Probably not. I'd be so pissed.

Yep I did indeed! :haha: - they actually came with me to the hospital in a Tupperware box!! :happydance:

I had to go into hospital on the wednesday cos of high blood pressure, they monitored me overnight and then sent me home cos it was back to normal, I got home then an hour later had to go back cos my waters had broke! The next day was a lot of waiting for contractions so was a chill out day really! Then I had to have a pessery to get me started and then gave birth a few hours later!

I think the nerves/excitement stopped me from feeling tired and I just felt the same as usual really. Good luck! xx

I didn't feel much different - when I went to bed though on the night I finally went into labour I had an ominous feeling that I thought something would happen that night - like intuition. My bump was rock hard and really sticking out that day as well. xxx

I was induced.
But I actually have kind of a weird induction story. My doctor wanted me at the hospital on Friday night at 8pm, so I arrived.. the nurse told me that he messed up and was actually supposed to arrive Saturday morning at 8am. So I psyched myself up ALL day on Friday thinking I was going to be induced, so I was pretty disappointed when they cancelled on me. Although I had a horrible night on Friday, I couldn't sleep.. but I was so anxious, nervous, excited and scared. I cried for about an hour the night before because I didn't know what to expect. And that's probably the scariest part about it, if you're a first time mom! It was a wonderful experience though. Good luck to you!

i felt really energized actually. it was about 4 in the morning when my waters broke and i think it was a mix of excitement and addrenaline.

<3

I didn't really feel any different. We had my parents up to eat dinner with us the night before and I felt normal and I woke up the next morning in a puddle and knew my water had broke. I had some mild period type cramps after that and then went into full blown contractions

i knew all day i just hasd a dull period like ache for most of the day. my oh works night and he was working on his own that night i kept saying you've made sure someone'll come in and cover when i go into labour havent you - he thought i was mad!

sure enough i went to bed that night and was woken by contractions at 4am.

when i phone oh he was well casual! not only did he stay at work till 7 (normal time) he then gave his mate a lift home 30 min out of his way then got home and wanted to go to bed for a bit! i eventually had to wake him at 10am when it got too much to go to hospital!

Hungry. I ate a roast chicken practically to myself, my sister joked that meant I was having a boy as she did the same with my nephew. I also decided that going on not one but two walks was what I needed to do. It was like I was posessed and absolutely had to walk. Then I felt really really sick so went to bed and 2 hours later woke with contractions.

I was so in denial that I was anywhere near labour! He came a week early and I really wasn't expecting it.

I felt really exhausted as I had done for the full week leading up to labour. Apart from that I had no other signs until my waters broke on my way to the bathroom at 2am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->