How did you feel the day you went into labor?

I felt no different. I was 40+ 2 and it was the week leading up to xmas so i'd accepted in my head that she wasn't going to arrive before the 25th (or that i'd be having my xmas dinner in hospital lol). I'd been having BH and twinges for weeks so i had by then stopped getting my hopes up that something was happening! We took the dog for a long walk in the snow and then the next morning at 3am my waters broke! I had my gorgeous girl 24 hours later.. x

I thought I had food poisoning! Tummy cramps and about a million toilet visits! Thinking back I did feel quite perky, though I wouldn't have thought so at the time.

The day before i felt great! I'd felt tired all through my pregnancy, and for the day before i felt really good. Went to Ikea, bought a cot, had breakfast with my brother, packed my hospital bag, tidied the house, went for a 4 mile walk, had dinner with friends, DTD with OH for the first time in months :blush:

Woke up the next day after 14 hours sleep ( about the first night not interupted by needing to pee for months!)and told OH i fancied going out for breakfast, as i really wanted a fruit smoothie, then suddenly felt weird and sat up quickly, and my waters broke all over the bed! Had Roh 2.5 hours later :shock: it was all a bit of a suprise as i was just 36 weeks.

I had a mucousy bloody discharge when I woke up at about 6am on 16th April. I had really painful BH contractions all day, felt sick/runny tummy, tired yet restless, didn't want to be near people, didn't know where to put myself when out and about - just wanted to be at home hiding.

My waters went a little before midnight (I had gone to bed at about 1115 and felt really washed out and crummy, my tummy was doing weird things and the top of my bump suddenly went really hard. I told OH to touch it which he did and was shocked. I was like 'oh well, I'm tired, night night' and rolled over, at which POP!). I had contractions for hours and hours and hours, but they were irregular and I had to be induced due to infection risks of waters having gone (they examined me and cervix was still posterior, high and closed so I was induced with 1 pessary at 10am on 19th and told to expect to have a failed induction). Within half an hour I was having 4-5 contractions in 10 minutes and in not long at all my cervix had come forward and I was 3cm dilated. Things were quite slow from then on, though and my baby was not born til 20th (safely) after use of an induction drip. :) Due date baby!

I felt fine all day except i was really frustrated though because i was 13 days overdue..and the morning before i was supposed to be induced when i was trying to go to bed at 3 am i started getting the worst shooting back pains..and then it began

My water broke at 330 am, and I was having very mild contractions all day (the nurse at the hospital told me I wet myself when I called), so I went shopping in the morning to pick up stuff for my bag, and then I went shopping with my mom. And then I had a doctors appoitment. They confirmed my waters broke was brought to L&D, where they gave me antibiotics to ward off infection and gave me pitocen.

The day I went into latent labour was nothing out of the ordinary, had a sweep in the morning and felt normal all day, contractions started at 7pm and from there kept coming, getting increasingly more painful and longer for four days and I got progressively more tired and weepy obviously from not sleeping and being in constant pain (contx on day two and three of early labour were just as painful and just as regular as contx at 5cm dilated in hospital!)

The only thing I can pinpoint that was different in the time was that at 3.30am on the Sunday morning (been in labour since the Wednesday evening) I started to feel really shaky and a bit sick, like when you've had too much caffeine or are really nervous about something, it came on really suddenly. Then I had a panic attack and started crying and hyperventilating because I thought I was going to be sick, and suddenly decided that a baby is a really bad idea, what on earth have we done, I don't want this anymore! OH hauled me up off the couch to give me a cuddle to try and calm me down, and just as he managed to get his arms round me my waters broke. As soon as they went and it was hospital time it's as if the panic lifted and my head totally cleared.

i felt completely fine loads of energy, walked 3 miles did some wii fit had my first glass of wine all pregnancy & my waters broken in bed! x

well I had no signs and then woke in bed with my waters popping, then I felt fear!! and my contractions stopped and started for 3 days till I got induced!

My baby was having a hyper day, constantly on the move, and I felt very good actually....calm and quite chilled!

The day before I felt completely normal. Then my waters broke in bed, and it went from there.

I cried and cried while watching OBEM. And not the 'aww cute babies being born' crying that sets me off now while watching OBEM (lol!) but just fed up with being over due, and scared of labour crying. My waters went at 10am the following morning.

My LO was definitely moving less in the days before he was born. I woke up with contractions about 4am. During the day before I had odd sensations like someone was tightening a belt around my middle, and I just felt really uncomfortable and tired. I'd been uncomfortable and tired for a few weeks by then though so I don't think that was a sign! The tightening sensation was the only thing that I remember that was notably different from any other day near the end of my pregnancy.

I had a migraine in the morning, and I woke with contractions. I found though that while the migraine was still there, I coudln't focus on it and therefore I couldn't feel it, so it didn't get in the way of the labour at all. I was tired (I hadn't slept well), but I had all the energy I needed for the labour. You find your strength from somewhere, so don't worry about that.

Also I don't remember feelign her move at all that day (she was born in the evening so I shoudl have felt her at some point), but I suppose it's because I was focusing on the contractions and sleeping in the middle. The babies also feel the contractions as been squeezes though, and apparently many start kicking after one, as a result of wanting to stretch out again after having been squeezed!

I felt completely normal. Did a few of the old wives tales which are supposed to help labour come on. Went to bed as normal and my waters broke in the middle of the night.

I know you mentioned about the baby moving less, this isn't a sign of impending labour and if you notice less movements you should call your labour ward hun. Babies continue with their normal pattern of movements right up to labour and throughout.

xx

This is great, I love all of the responses :)! Thanks so much everyone!!

I didn't feel any different. It was a complete surprise. I'd actually had my 38 week checkup the day before I went into labor and fully expected to have another 2-3 weeks before he showed up. I woke up with what I thought was BH's and showered and went to work as usual. BH's didn't go away, so I figured it might be the real thing, left work a little early and went to the hospital. He showed up a couple hours later. :haha: He was moving the entire time I was in labor too. When the midwife put the monitor on to check my contractions she could see him kicking on there too. It was pretty funny.

I felt anxious, had loads on energy and started to clean all the house, felt completely normal with twinges the next morning, then they got worse, by the evening i realised they were contractions, by midnight i was 5cm dialated and they took me in at 3am and had no room for me, what a nightmare imissed bonfire night to :(

No signs but I was quite hormonal the day before :haha: Actually I think I cried to OH that she was going to go overdue and be born on x-mas day (due on the 15th) I woke up on the 13th at 2am with mild contractions and she was born at 2.18am on the 14th :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->