How did you feel the day you went into labor?

I felt really uncomfortable all day. I thought I was constipated and that was causing me pain in my bum, but retrospectively I know it was all gearing up for LO's arrival. She was back to back hence I felt a lot of pain in my bum

Reaaally tired, I had a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day! (I went into labour at 1am that night) I also remember complaining about feeling sick and dizzy a few hours before my waters broke, but I always felt sick and dizzy by the final month!

NORMAL. Sorry!

I sat in bed writing my diary, how excited I was about the baby. Went to sleep and woke up in early labour about 2 hours later. Aah I love thinking about the birth.

With ds1 I felt really tired. It was a very hot and sunny day and I took a nap around 10 am. I was 41 weeks already. I woke up at noon and boom I was having contractions.

With ds2 I just felt off and I kind of knew it would be that day. I was only 39 weeks and 2 days. But there was a shift in the atmosphere (which apparently can send women into labor) and I could tell it was moving things. At 1 am that day my water broke.

at 39 weeks i was induced to labour. being a first timer, i was clueless as to what to expect. when my doctor came to check me, she said she could feel my contractions byt i felt nothing. later, i felt lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and i really dunno how else i can describe it. got an epidural when i was 7 cm dilated and my daughter was born within the next 2 hours. whew!!

I went into labour the night of my baby shower, I was really achy and uncomfortable but I put it down to having sat in the same position for a while that night. I was also reallly hungry, I made OH go out at 9pm to buy me a pizza even though I'd eaten loads at the shower! My contractions started about 2 hours later- I think I was subconsciously storing up energy for labour!

The day before I had the sudden urge to make loads of vegetable stews for the freezer. Spent all day chopping & cooking mountains of veg. I think this was my equivalent of nesting. Sadly I didn't get the other kind and my kitchen floor remains filthy! :rofl:

Also had the urge to WALK. Was a miserable day, so I paced up & down our tiny kitchen about 17,000 times. I just needed to be walking constantly.

I think in a way I kind of knew, because I made H sit down that night and pick a name. I had another week to go and we still hadn't decided!

Went to bed and had the best night's sleep of my entire pregnancy. Woke up at 6am and walked some more. Phoned hospital at 9am, went in at 11am, had baby by 5.30pm. :thumbup:

The day before I had the sudden urge to make loads of vegetable stews for the freezer. Spent all day chopping & cooking mountains of veg. I think this was my equivalent of nesting. Sadly I didn't get the other kind and my kitchen floor remains filthy! :rofl:

Also had the urge to WALK. Was a miserable day, so I paced up & down our tiny kitchen about 17,000 times. I just needed to be walking constantly.

I think in a way I kind of knew, because I made H sit down that night and pick a name. I had another week to go and we still hadn't decided!

Went to bed and had the best night's sleep of my entire pregnancy. Woke up at 6am and walked some more. Phoned hospital at 9am, went in at 11am, had baby by 5.30pm. :thumbup:

This just reminded me that I baked two apple pies a few hours before my waters broke! I never got to eat either pie :(

One word... GRUMPY :haha: only before my waters broke though i was feeling mean :D i think that morning i was up early and hoovering though x

The day I went into labour/waters breaking, I woke up and my waters broke at 7am so I didn't have time to feel anything different lol. The few days before I remember I was getting a lot more Braxton Hicks than usual and also my back was very achey. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->