How did you know? Baby #3

Sunshine Star

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have 2 children aged 5&3. Boy and girl. I used the forum very religiously throughout the pregnancies and ttc and grateful for the support.

I always knew I didn’t just want 1 child but not sure if I want 3… I love my two children so much and I am very broody seeing other babies, but I’m on the fence about #3

Im now 38 and thinking that it’s almost a now or never moment. I had placenta preavia last time and two C-sections so this would also be another one. We’ve conceived relatively straight forward also with past two babies.

how did you know you wanted #3? :)

I was in this same position a few months ago. I was adamant after my 2nd I wanted no more but as time went on I softened and then started getting the feelings again. Me and my other half spoke about it and he has always wanted a third (2nd for him 3rd for me).
What solidified for me was, both of my boys pregnancies were difficult summer pregnancies and we've had difficult times since they've been here but I never regret them for a second. However I would regret never trying for that 3rd. Money is always going to be tight, the timings will always be wrong or not great, work will always be there and our relationship is strong so why not I thought. We're in our first month actively TTC and can't wait to see what happens. Like you I fell easily both times with my boys so fingers crossed for plain sailing this time.
My opinion is if you're both of the same mindset then go for it but definitely discuss everything with each other. And best of luck x

Thank you angelbump :) my story sounds similar to yours. all the best with your ttc journey ❤️

Thank you angelbump :) my story sounds similar to yours. all the best with your ttc journey ❤️
And to you my lovely. I think with your first it consumes you and then with the second you want to give the first a sibling but it's tricky with a third, at least it was with us.
It does take alot more consideration I think and it's the bigger car, more space needed, being outnumbered by children as apposed to two. But the clincher for me was thinking will I regret trying? The answer was no. I'd love to have little baby snuggles again, to breastfeed again, to teach them how to walk and talk again. I know it's tough but the early stages are over so quick.

You'll know what's best for your family in your heart and if it's yes then go for it and if it's no then you can pour your heart into your family x

I come from a large family and knew I wanted the same for my kids. Maybe not as large, I'm 1 of 6... I'd be happy with 4.

Early in my marriage I had a dream that DH and I had 4 kids. So far, 2 of 4 has come true.

As I'm getting older, I'm realizing we need to work on TTC again if we want to grow our family. I'm 32 and DH is 36, so age is definitely a factor in timing now, haha.

For me, as soon as I had my second I just had a gut feeling that we were meant to have one more. My husband was DONE but I could never shake the feeling that we weren't done. We looked into different adoption routes but every avenue had a roadblock that couldn't be overcome. After several years and the feeling not going away, my husband finally agreed. He said that if I felt so strongly about it then it must be for a reason and he wasn't going to stand in the way of that anymore. Our 3rd baby is 15 months old now. My pregnancy with her was incredibly difficult both physically and mentally (the amount of anxiety I had was unreal and unlike anything i had experienced before.) I had several bleeding issues and multiple times we had to go to the doctor because we thought we lost her. She also had a cord issue and developed IUGR so had to deliver a few weeks early. She arrived perfectly perfect thankfully. The difference in how I feel is night and day to before. My heart doesn't yearn for another pregnancy/baby. I am soaking up each stage she is in but staying goodbye to it isn't difficult because I know how much sweeter the next stage is. I am looking forward to the next chapter while enjoying closing this one out and finally understand what people always said by "when you know you know."

In my experience, if you're still thinking and wondering, your heart is probably not done and would be worth talking to your partner about and seriously considering adding one more. I always connected with the phrase "you'll never regret the children you have but you may regret not having another"

good luck!

I knew when my son was born that we weren't done. Our family just didn't feel complete yet if that makes sense. I mean, we have the so called "perfect family" with a son and a daughter and we debated during my son's pregnancy if we were done or not. But when he was born, we knew that he wasn't our last.

Might seem silly but I have the names for baby #3 (boy and girl) all picked put and would be so sad not to be able to use them. Also not ready to say goodbye to my "mom years".

Hi ladies,

I have 2 children aged 5&3. Boy and girl. I used the forum very religiously throughout the pregnancies and ttc and grateful for the support.

I always knew I didn’t just want 1 child but not sure if I want 3… I love my two children so much and I am very broody seeing other babies, but I’m on the fence about #3

Im now 38 and thinking that it’s almost a now or never moment. I had placenta preavia last time and two C-sections so this would also be another one. We’ve conceived relatively straight forward also with past two babies.

how did you know you wanted #3? :)

Awh yes. I also have the name for baby #3. I and now so set on #3 but my husband is not . Sad times but also blessed with the most precious children I will not moan too much, but maybe a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->