How did you know you were ready to start trying for #2?

xQuinnx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering how you knew or what helped you to decide for baby 2? My daughter is 9 months old, her birth was traumatic and it took months to start to feel better. I'm not saying I want another baby now but at the same time I spent so long utterly petrified at the idea of another baby that I'm not sure I'll know for sure if/when I'm ready! My husband would love to start trying for number 2 soon.

How did you know? How did you feel when you did start trying again?

I am sorry your birth was so traumatic. My labor/delivery was not at all what I had planned but luckily not what I would consider traumatic. This time I will have a scheduled c-section which will make planning much easier.

I knew immediately that I wanted another as quickly as possible as DH and I were both 37 when DD was born. Of course, after a few months I was happy to have some time before a second as I was sooooo, soooo tired. Once my girl started to sleep through the night I felt rejuvenated and ready. She is now 13 months and I just got my BFP.

It may be a good idea to talk to your doctor/midwife about your concerns. Maybe you can come up with a birth plan that isn't as scary or help you plan for the "what ifs".

Other than that, when you are ready I believe you will know.

I knew once I stopped being terrified of getting pregnant. It took me a couple more months to decide when we should start but now I am excited about a new baby.

I was too exhausted to even consider another for the first 18 months of DS1's life. Once he started sleeping better I suddenly became broody again!

My son is going to be 3 in September so I definitely wasn't sure if I was ready yet for the longest time, but now I just know! You really just know one day! Also getting past the "terrible twos" made it easier to feel ready.

We are TTC baby #2 now!

When I finally forgot the insanity that was the first 9 months of my sons life haha. We mainly just don't want too big of an age gap (little guy is 21 months so will have about 2.5-3 year gap). Also how much attention my son requires- he is getting to a point now where he is less clingy and not needing as much one on one time, so I feel he will adjust better to a new baby (I couldn't imagine having a new baby the past few months when he was very emotional and clingy)...granted he is very sensitive in general haha. To be honest though, we were gonna wait a while until we sold our house, and then found out my sister in law is pregnant...aaaaand that started baby fever haha.

Hi everyone,
I was wondering how you knew or what helped you to decide for baby 2? My daughter is 9 months old, her birth was traumatic and it took months to start to feel better. I'm not saying I want another baby now but at the same time I spent so long utterly petrified at the idea of another baby that I'm not sure I'll know for sure if/when I'm ready! My husband would love to start trying for number 2 soon.

How did you know? How did you feel when you did start trying again?

Your post struck a chord with me. I felt that way for so long. My labour with my son was extremely traumatic, I had counselling etc afterward to try to get over it and was diagnosed with PTSD. When I was attending counselling, I was doing so to get PAST the labour, I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd consider another, so didnt really deal with that at the time.

More recently, hubby and I are at a bit of a now or never stage. I was certain after my first that I'd never consider it again and my husband was pretty traumatised by it all too. As he says, you were on drugs, you dont remember it the way I do lol!!!

Anyway, I've just turned 34 and our son has just turned 3 and I feel that I'd like another one. I am starting to address my fears and overcome them, I'm carrying a bit more weight than I'd like to (still havent lost that baby weight!!!) and could be doing a bit better financially, but none of those things are big enough to stand in our way.

We have discussed that we would like another, especially as we'd love for our son to have a sibling, but we know that it kind of needs to happen soon, or at least we need to start trying. We both know this and both agree on this, and yet every night I still take my pill and think "I'll deal with it tomorrow".

I think we need to just give it a go, if it isnt meant to be then so be it, but we arent getting any younger and neither is our son and there will already be quite an age gap.

I'm sorry, I rambled there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->