How did you tell your DH, if you didn't test with him?

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
As the title says really! I've just found out we're expecting our third baby, it's very early days, but I want to tell DH as soon as possible! Any of you ladies got any cute ideas on how I could do it? :) Tia. X

I didn't test with OH as he was at work so I spent the whole day practically bouncing up and down waiting for him to get home :haha:
I checked on the calendar what we had on in November - he'd booked tickets for us to see an author. So when he came home I let him chat for about two mins then said "what date is that thing you booked?", when he went and checked I said "you're probably going to have to find someone else to go with you, I'm going to be busy" he asked why and I pulled the test out of my pocket and said "I'll be giving birth".
The look of shock is still kinda burned into his face seven weeks later :haha:

I just WhatsApp'd him. We totally aren't romantic. Although it was a very cute and funny convo ��

I had one of my boys give DH a note that said you'd better prepare yourself and then sent my other boy in with the positive test.

First baby: took DH out to lunch (we were meeting some friends) told him when we got there before the friends got there. Showed him a pic of the test on my phone.

Second pregnancy (early loss): Had DS put on a handmade "big brother" batman shirt on Father's day. Found out I had a chemical the next day.

Second baby/Third pregnancy: I don't remember, it was a couple of months after the chemical so I wanted to tell him right away (I'd waited 4 days for Father's day to tell him with the chemical, then lost the baby the next day) I think I may have texted him the picture of the test, he knew we were testing that day.

Third baby: Took him out for lunch after closing on the sale of our house, showed him the picture of the test on my phone.

When I was pregnant with my third-born, I left the pregnancy test on the (dark gray) bathroom counter for 3 DAYS, and my OH didn't notice it. How do you not notice that????? Eventually, I said, "HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED ANYTHING STRANGE IN THE BATHROOM????" OH replied, "Nope." LOL... It was a pretty funny moment when I sent OH back in there and OH finally saw it and said, "OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU KIDDING?????????" and started laughing hysterically. We had a 19-month-old and a 3-month-old at the time, so it was quite a shock.

That was our funniest. I don't do the cutesy announcements & stuff, but I loooove seeing them.

I was the surprised one actually. I wasn't feeling pg, had been tested the week before and it was negative, and I figured I had no chance. Then my kids ripped open a CB digi and I couldn't just toss an unused test in the garbage so I peed on it. Evening pee after guzzling a quart of water and a 1 hour hold. The 'pregnant' popped up and I kept waiting for the 'not' to show too but it never did. :shock:

I came out of the bathroom and showed DH the test. His reaction? "Oh"

The kids saw and asked if I was pg and got all excited at the thought that I was. (We lied a bit and said I wasn't as I was only 4 weeks.) I still laugh that I got a bigger reaction out of myself and the kids than I did from DH. :rofl:

The first and second time he was there. This time was a surprise and I only took a test because my friend made me 'just in case' so I blew up his phone ringing him at work until he finally answered then burst into tears while telling him. His reaction 'oh... Well... Ok...' 😂

I went and bought a newborn outfit, surprised him at work and then opened the shopping bag so he could see the outfit. At first he thought I bought pj's for our 3 year old but I said no and showed him the newborn tag. Then he thought I bought it for my newborn second cousin. Again I said no and just smiled at it. He then suddenly remembered that I was planning on testing and just said "wait so you are?" I just nodded and and grinned. He then had to get back to work but he was in total shock. He wasn't happy or anything because he was just in so much shock. When he got home though, it had sunk in and he was so happy and excited.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->