How did your DH/SO/OH/partner react?

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
I'm just curious to hear everyone's stories. I know all partners react differently. Some are visibly over the moon while some, even though happy, are more reserved in their emotions. Some freak out, etc.

With DD, I was trying to think of a fun way to tell him (planned), but I had some IB that afternoon, but thought it was a chemical. DH called me on his way home from work and said "you're pregnant" (like he had been saying since we dtd around ovulation). I just burst into tears saying "not for long". He didn't really say/do much that night about it (he's not the type to be emotional, etc). But the next day he asked if I was still pregnant :)haha:) and when I said "for now", be brought home flowers and a mommy-to-be card.

Otherwise he was so stressed and worried about having a baby, even though planned, that he just stressed and lost sleep throughout the whole pregnancy, and didn't start adjusting and bonding with DD until she was 4 months old.

With this one, it was shock enough for me. I felt like an idiot even testing because there was just absolutely no way possible I could be pregnant. None what so ever. I had to wait 24 hours to tell DH, which I was dreading, given our circumstances, plus how he was with DD. I imagined it was going to be a very difficult year for that reason.

I couldn't spit the words out, so about 6:00 in the morning, he was up, I got up and showed him a picture of the positive test. He was just like "whose is this....???" I covered my head and said "mine".

He screamed "what?", jumped up out of bed and said, "You're pregnant?" Then he did this really wonky flop back onto the bed :haha:

There were several minutes of profanity with "we're stupid/irresponsible" / "what are we going to do?" in between. After several minutes, he stopped, said congratulations, asked how I was feeling, said I love you, etc. Then went back to several more minutes of profanity with the "we're stupid/irresponsible" / "what are we going to do?" in between.

About half an hour later, he calmed down, accepted it, and has been happy about it since. We laugh about it reaction now (even though it wasn't so funny at the time).

My hubby was absolutely beside himself and super shocked. We had been trying for 17 months and both were drained and had enough of things not working. Then during the cycle i stopped it actually happened. I had just gotten home from searching and searching for a cheapie test as we had only a tiny bit of cash at the time. I only had about 15mins before we were to leave the hous for our usual swim practice. I had only just sat the test down when the dye started to go across and literally within seconds both lines appeared dark as can be. I was in shock as i had expected another negative test.

So onto hubbys reaction i had gone out from the bathroom and got him to close his eyes. I let him to the bathroom counter and told him to look down. He was confused at first at what he was looking at and i asked him how many lines he saw. He said two and i asked what does that mean? He imediately went "really? Really?" And i said yes. He hugged me soo hard and was soooo close to crying and his face was super red. Then he goes "see i told you...you're pregnant"....he too constantly would say that every time after the fertile time when we dtd each cycle when i mentioned symptoms. Then we had to rush out the door with little time to soak it in.

I tested on Valentine's day, after driving to pick DD up and rembering I was supposed to be having Af.

I took the test, then a shower (so time limit was over) I had expected a negative as we didn't dtd anywhere near O time. I took test out and said I had another gift for him. Then handed him the test. He looked at it for a bit, then said 'yeah' and grinned. :happydance: I asked him if it was a good gift, and he said he was expecting BD, but this was better :dohh:

He is happily telling his friends and family, because he's a 'stud' :haha:

Isn't it funny how they seem to know we are pregnant?!

I had tested numerous times and kept getting negatives. I was a day late for AF and hubby had left for work. I did a test and it was positive. There was no way I could wait until he was finished work, so I called him and told him and he was just like "yeah I know. I told you!" Anyway, we had been trying and had a mc in October, so we were both cautiously excited :)

My OH went crazy with excitement and he is still just over the moon. I found out really early @ 8dpo. The line was so faint i knew he wouldn't believe it so the next day i tested again and it was darker but still so very faint. Tested again later that night 9dpo and it was dark enough to show him if i wanted. I had planned on telling him on Valentine's day and have the test in a box with a bow on it, etc etc. But be called me on his way home from work and said "honey I've had such a bad day at work, please tell me some GOOD news". So I couldn't hold back and just said "uhh, well, ummm, you're going to be a daddy". Lol! He came straight home and hugged me and kissed me and we went out for dinner. He's still just in this "baby haze". He was gonna wait to tell people but that idea lasted about 3 days...

this is number 5 for us so hubby was like "oh another one? cool" :haha:

My husband is never one to overreact one way or the other. He takes everything in his stride which is good in most ways but occasionally a bit more OMG Really?! would be cool!
Our first pregnancy was unplanned and he didn't react too much. Second was planned - reaction similar to first. Third - unplanned - but we were only using withdrawal - and he again was like everything will be fine. This one unplanned( withdrawal method again) , but after we dtd one night and were careless, and then 3 days later I ovulated ( which was 3 days earlier than normal ) I told him that this was how dd1 was conceived. By the time I tested positive it was no surprise and he was just like "yeah everything will be alright" Not over excited, not freaking out, just calm as always! (Total opposite to me)

I love reading these!

My husband is never one to overreact one way or the other. He takes everything in his stride which is good in most ways but occasionally a bit more OMG Really?! would be cool!
Our first pregnancy was unplanned and he didn't react too much. Second was planned - reaction similar to first. Third - unplanned - but we were only using withdrawal - and he again was like everything will be fine. This one unplanned( withdrawal method again) , but after we dtd one night and were careless, and then 3 days later I ovulated ( which was 3 days earlier than normal ) I told him that this was how dd1 was conceived. By the time I tested positive it was no surprise and he was just like "yeah everything will be alright" Not over excited, not freaking out, just calm as always! (Total opposite to me)

This was a withdraw failure, too. While I know withdraw isn't the best method, it's been working for us for quite awhile. This was a night where he didn't pull out time. Thought he did, but we thought it was very close, so close dh wasn't sure if it was completely in time (i thought I was but what do I know?). Apparently, he didn't as it turns out!

My hubby cried for a bit and couldn't believe i was telling the truth lol
We had been trying for about 18 months and the month I gave up, REALLY relaxed and drank more than usual it happened! It still feels surreal some days. He even choked up when we saw the first US. :)

DH didnt believe me lol. We were very lucky & conceived first month of not preventing, so when I told him I was pregnant he soon woke up & was like what?! Lol. I had to do a cb digi the next day for him to see 'pregnant' to believe it as we both thought it'd take a few months! He's been so sweet since our BFP & is so excited!

With this one my OH works nightshift. After dropping summer at nursery I came home with Maci and drew round her hand. I used felt tips to write. "Good morning daddy. I'm being promoted to big sister" which she help up as he came in. Was lovely. I have a picture of her holding it. She was so proud. It was very spur of the moment cause id only found out that morning haha.

I love reading these!

This was a withdraw failure, too. While I know withdraw isn't the best method, it's been working for us for quite awhile. This was a night where he didn't pull out time. Thought he did, but we thought it was very close, so close dh wasn't sure if it was completely in time (i thought I was but what do I know?). Apparently, he didn't as it turns out!
Yes! I think the withdrawal method is effective - as long as he withdraws !! Otherwise - not so much ;)
I think though we obviously weren't dead set against another ( though we both thought we were done) as we wouldn't be relying on this less than approved method.
After this one he'll probably get the snip as we've no room or money or sanity for any more ;)

My husband had a funny reaction this time. First he insisted that “Its just you want it to be positive, there is no line” (granted it was faint).
Then he spent an hour in front of the laptop typing something. Suddenly he brought a FRER and asked me to test. After a faint line appeared, he looked surprised.
Then he ran to grab his laptop and showed me all the list of new things we had to buy for the baby(he had made a spreadsheet in the 1 hour) and how much we should expect to spend in daycare. Finally he said “Oh thank god, our daughter is going to have a sibling”.

I thought it was too cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->