How do I convince my husband to have sex when I'm ovulating?

Bekalinda73

Reaction score
My husband doesn't get that I need to have sex with him during my ovulation window!!! I'm already 42, never had a baby before but started TTC a year ago... I'm going to be 43 in July this year... So I'm terrified about the short or expired time I have ahead for trying! Last month I finally fell pregnant and was over the moon, but unfortunately I had a miscarriage with 1-2 weeks pregnancy only! I thought that after that my chances were actually gone and I was never going to ovulate ever again, but for my surprise I measured my ovulation using Clearblue fertility monitor (that is what I used last month) and it measured HIGH again yesterday!!! That is a HUGE yes for me, an answer that I can ovulate again and therefore I CAN get pregnant again! However, in light of what happened last month with the miscarriage, my husband is concerned that we try again, so yesterday he was working until late and I had to ask him many times for sex as we both knew I was ovulating!!! I'm absolutely furious and hurt!!! He's always hated scheduled sex as part of TTC but doesn't he see that I'm running out of time??? We have always had an amazing relationship/marriage and he's the best husband ever, so I'm extremely hurt - actually feeling ill that he won't cooperate with the situation!!!!! How do I convince him? He has a very stressful job which doesn't help, works out and then carries on working when he gets back, I'm a supply teacher so I don't always get work..., so he's always stressed with migraines after work - which continues when he gets back... So it does not help our sexual life anyway!!! We normally have sex over the weekend, but this Sunday my fertility window ends!!!! And we are going away for the weekend to visit my nephew, a newborn baby from his sister, who's ten years younger than me!!! I feel totally hurt and humiliated!!! What to do??? Now we are not talking as I cannot believe he made me miss a precious fertile day yesterday!!! It feels so devastating that I feel like leaving home!!! How do I convince an absolutely stubborn husband, who's also scared I have another miscarriage??? Help please!!!

So sorry about your loss :flower:you say he is always tired and stressed when he gets in from work? Would trying to catch him in the morning be a solution?

I don't even say to my husband it's my fertile time, as it kills the romance if it's made about ttc. I think this helps keep the pressure off for us too.

Wishing you good luck-hope it happens soon for you.

My dh wouldn't have sex with me following my mc, on my part I just wanted to have intimacy but he felt I was rushing into things and didn't want me to go through the pain of a mc again.

Now we are officially ttc I don't tell him anything about ovulation, I don't want it to become a chore for him. I agree with previous poster, try in the morning, can sex between the 2 of you be more regular? We dtd 3-4 times a week so for my dh having sex everyday/ other day is not a big jump. Good luck x

Thank you all!!! It was a drama in the end... But I've finally managed to convince him!!! And had sex during 3 days of my ovulation window!!! Now I'm worried because I seem to have PMS symptoms and feel my period could well be on its way!!! I've only had at the miscarriage on 22nd April and started ovulating on 4th May, so we had sex on the 2nd May (before ovulation), 5th May & 8th May... Today is the 10th May and why am I possibly having my period again so soon after the miscarriage? Or is it not the period? I feel tired, sleepy, bloated, spots on my face, sore breasts and I think I'm spotting too... Brownish discharge but very discreet... I fear it could be the period again... I know my body too well! What do you think? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->