How do I deal with this grief?

Emsabub

Reaction score
I'm sorry girls if this sounds silly, will grief affect baby?
In February, I lost my nan who I hadn't spoken to in two years as there was a family 'argument'. I hadn't told her I was pregnant nor allowed my cousin to mention it as she didn't care about us. I was signed off work as being 23 years old & 14 weeks pregnant at the time, I was fully aware of the situation and didn't know how to deal with it (the last family death before her I was only 9, can't really remember much).
And now today my bestest friend ever, my pet bunny Billy also passed away. He turned 5 years old 4 weeks ago and I've had him the whole time. I've been told by people I thought were good friends say he was just a rabbit, but they were wrong, he was part of my family. He sat in his own bed and watched TV with us, lived in the house and was basically another human. I don't want this upset to hurt my little Ava but I can't believe this has happened now. Time is horrible, but I hope people are right when they say its a healer 😭

Hi hun, i am so sorry for your losses. And don't feel bad about grieving for your bunny! I would be devastated if I lost either of my dogs... I feel like they are my babies, I honestly get very sad even thinking about how they are going to pass someday. Pets are members of the family, and we love them just like any other family.

As for your baby, as long as you continue to take care of yourself (making sure you're eating/drinking/sleeping) your baby is going to be just fine :)

I hope you feel better soon.

As pp said as long as ur taking care of urself ur lo will be fine. I'm sorry for ur losses xx

Different situation but talking about grief, I lost my first baby at 36 weeks and was pregnant again 6 weeks later, I obviously went through the first year of raw grief while pregnant and with a newborn and he is just fine xx

Sorry to hear about your nan and your pet. It doesn't matter what people say, a pet is part of the family and many pet owners are devastated when they pass away.

Just try to relax and take care of yourself x

I am sorry for your losses. My dog had aggressive cancer and I had to put her down during my first pregnancy. It is hard, let yourself grieve. truly time is the only thing that makes it feel less raw. Your baby will be OK just put one foot in front of the other

Thankyou everyone :) Its still very hard when we walk into the living room and he's not there, I suppose we'll be looking for him for a while. Ava's been going crazy more than ever so she must know something! X

So sorry for your loss:hugs: I know how devastated I was when my previous cat had to be euthanised due to liver failure back in October 2012. I was heartbroken for 3 months and the first few days would keep looking for her in the usual spots she would sleep. Then would bawl each time, remembering she wasn't there anymore.

Take all the time you need and I'm sure baby will be fine:flower:

I'm so sorry about your losses :cry: I was 36 weeks pregnant when I had to leave my Benny boy (dog) with my friend to look after while I went away to wait to have DD. A week later she called me in tears to say he had been killed from a snake bite. I was absolutely heartbroken :cry: my husband got him for me when we were struggling to conceive and I treated him as my own child. He lived inside with us, slept in our bed, came to work with me everyday. My backseat of my car was setup just for him and he was like my child as crazy as that sounds. I thought from the amount of stress I put on my body and the heartache of feeling broken I would go into early labour. Turns out our baby girl was happy and healthy bouncing about none the wiser of how I was feeling. I ended up having to be induced because she did not want to leave her happy womb. I had a large number of deaths in the family after he passed and *touch wood* none for the last 12 months. Our beautiful daughter has been through it all with us and has always been the one to keep my smiling and surviving through it all. It will get easier and just think of your amazing little baby who will bring all new smiles and memories. When he/she is older you can tell them all your great memories you had with your bunny and maybe they will get to have one of their own just like you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->