How do i delet my account :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you can get a virus from anything, just going on a site can give you one! Altho the people that keep saying its not from here.... it well can have been from here!! how would you know just cause you havent got one! my sister got a virus on facebook now ive used it for years and aint got one.

Facebook is a little different than a forum site. There are a lot of ads and applications on Facebook that install things on your computer. When you get a virus from a site it's because you've clicked on something. Once the virus is there, deleting an account will not get rid of it as it is already installed on your hard drive. Like SC said, you need to install an anti-virus (yes, Norton is s***) and run a scan on your computer to get rid of it. Sometimes, with certain viruses, you need to wipe your hard drive completely, but try a good anti-virus first. Good luck! :flower:

Sorry but I just have to say anyone that says you can't get a virus from merely visiting a site is dead wrong, it's not terribly difficult to embed a virus into a image at all. Saying you have to download something to get a virus is just preposterous. Using the internet is nothing but downloading constantly. Ex. someone embeds a virus into a signature image everyone that downloads that image gets the virus embedded in it, I don't know where people get the conception you have to download some file cause you don't just being on the internet means you're downloading something, don't think so go look in your cache and temp directories it's loaded with files...

Google and Mcafee wouldn't find it if it was in a image either, they only check the site itself not outside links which is what nearly everyones tickers are.

I'm not saying she got a virus from here but I am saying it's very possible however unlikely. As for the person below me I don't think anyone was accusing anyone how could she anyway there's quite a large quantity of content on here that has nothing to do with either of them and I don't see them as taking it so personally. If she wants to close her account cause it'll make her feel better what's the big deal? If she thinks she got a virus from here and doesn't want to go on the forum anymore close it, I for one don't like having a bunch of accounts floating around that I never use as that's a breech in privacy in my eyes, and if I wasn't intending to use something again I'd have my account closed too though I would of chose a more tactful method like a PM or a support email not make a thread...

This site has never given me any virus apart from wanting to have a baby :winkwink: and I have been here for a 2yrs now :D think you must have got it elsewhere to be honest with you and think need to say sorry to wobbles and sc for acusing them and this site for something they havent done, this site is the safest around. Like the others have said deleting your account wont get rid of the virus.

wouldnt you have to actually click on the signature that the virus is embeded in to veiw it larger or something to actually activate a virus tho? otherwise they would in effect just lay dormant?

xx

wouldnt you have to actually click on the signature that the virus is embeded in to veiw it larger or something to actually activate a virus tho? otherwise they would in effect just lay dormant?

xx

Not at all. All it has to do is download, which the mere act of it coming up on your screen is downloading it and if it has a autorun script it executes and you're infected you don't have to click on anything I really don't know where that myth came from..

Sounds like scaremongering IMO. The last time I heard of any image exploit was over 5 years ago and it affected less than a dozen people (the image was actually harmless, the problem was how some browsers rendered it).

Having said that, we are not infallible. If our servers were to ever get hacked (God forbid), then it could be possible (as with any website)... BUT, our dedicated servers get audited and updated/patched every month by an independant server management company (not to mention that our servers have a Firewall and AV) + we run the latest security release of vB. I'm pretty confident we are covered.

If you run a good anti-virus and keep your computer up-to-date, you have very little to worry about :)

Hey you can get a virus from anything, just going on a site can give you one! Altho the people that keep saying its not from here.... it well can have been from here!! how would you know just cause you havent got one! my sister got a virus on facebook now ive used it for years and aint got one.

Facebook is a little different than a forum site. There are a lot of ads and applications on Facebook that install things on your computer. When you get a virus from a site it's because you've clicked on something. Once the virus is there, deleting an account will not get rid of it as it is already installed on your hard drive. Like SC said, you need to install an anti-virus (yes, Norton is s***) and run a scan on your computer to get rid of it. Sometimes, with certain viruses, you need to wipe your hard drive completely, but try a good anti-virus first. Good luck! :flower:

Yes I was just using it as an example, it's very easy to get a virus from any site including this one with no security.

Just wondering..... Can you delete your account??? Just noones answered that question yet that I can see.

Just wondering..... Can you delete your account??? Just noones answered that question yet that I can see.

You can close your account if you wish. Although most that no longer want to use the website just dont login anymore :)

You can close your account if you wish. Although most that no longer want to use the website just dont login anymore :)

Thanks, I don't want to but just wondering how do you close it?

Admin has to do that, so you request it be closed through one of us.

It does not remove your posts (we suggest you go through and delete any sensitive posts prior) because that would leaves holes in the forum. But it will deactivate your log-in

Really, some people shouldn't be let loose on the internet when they have no idea about how it works.....

just want to agree norton isnt briliant when it comes to viruses n if its on your pc/laptop already closing the account wont do anything even if it did come from here (im not saying it did tho) u can get viruses from anywhere we do regular scans of all our laptops it often finds things but they are easily sorted

Really, some people shouldn't be let loose on the internet when they have no idea about how it works.....

Just because someone doesn't know how to use it doesn't mean they shouldn't! What a silly thing to say, and how do you know if she knows how to use the Internet or not? Just because she worried she may have got a virus from using this site doesn't mean she doesn't know how to use the internet! It's very easy to get a virus on your computer even with internet security.

Viruses tend to come from downloads.. I have never heard of a virus you can get from opening a website

Viruses tend to come from downloads.. I have never heard of a virus you can get from opening a website

Yes you can, also there are links on this site which people open can also open. Even the admin has said the site can get a virus. I'm not saying she has got it from here all I'm saying is that you can get different viruses doing different things on the net!

Please google "can You get a virus from visiting a website" and read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->