How do I get out? Need experiences

If you're homeless then the council will have to house you.
You'd have to make a single claim to income support, tax credits etc and you'll probably find you're better off financially without him.
Dont let money /housing be the reason to stay.
X

Do you have some where you can go??
If yes, back a bag and take your son. If you don't go to the council.
I stayed with my husband far too long because I didn't think I could cope on my own.
10 months down the line I'm better off and a darn sight happier.
You have to be brave if you want to go just do it.

When I split up with my ex I stayed with my parents for 2 weeks before getting a council house (permanent) after having to claim homelessness. I have since moved back with my parents while I sort my mental health out but I'd definitely speak to the council as they have to help you if you are homeless. My ex never gave me money and I too had to spend Child Benefit on my own things sometimes or try rely on selling things, it's not a way to be at all. I was much better off being fully on benefits than £30 a week. I now work and things are a million times better for me.

Also ask any family, even if it's short-term, the council will still help you as being able to stay with someone for a few weeks is not a permanent solution. Good luck!

I don't know the logistics of how it works in the UK with getting a council house, etc. But I do agree that this does NOT sound like a relationship you should be in. It's emotional abuse, and abuse all around. Definitely leave him.

Ring cab so you know exactly what you are entitled to. Are there any refuges near you? You can stay there for a few nights and claim homelessness to the council in the meantime. I'm only in Shrewsbury if you need to get away for a bit :flower:

I don't want to lose the little possessions I have left if I go, as I had to escape a violent relationship a few years before I had a child.
But my boyfriend is going to a festival in a couple of months, and that might be my chance to go and to go with all of my things.
So I think that will be my plan.

Another thing I just can't live with is the fact that before I even got pregnant his ex was messaging him and he was messaging back. She was texting inappropriately and it probably would have gotten worse, maybe to the point of cheating who knows, if I didn't put my foot down.
She messaged him around a month ago, and he conveniently deleted the messages, then the other day he said his friend messaged him about his car (same friend who his now together with his ex) and I couldn't help but look and he's deleted that message too. I doubt it was from his friend, probably off her.

I just can't deal with the paranoia he's building up in me.

Like if he EVER even said hello to her again I genuinely would move as far away as possible.

Can you find a way to get him to move out? Speak to cab or family law x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->