How do I get through a day like this?

AEM1803

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

So it looks like today is one of those really hard days..
a friend of mine just told me that she is 6 weeks pregnant... thats how far along i was when i lost my little bean :cry:
This will be her 2nd baby in less then a year and a half..

I have been desperatly trying to get pregnant again- I feel empty.. like a huge piece of my heart is missing since i had my ectopic..

Words of advice on how to stay strong? Because I am really starting to break down and loose hope :cry:

Your time will come hun ... I don't have any real great words of advise but to look to the future.
I also have encountered the same today a guy in work told me his OH was now 17 weeks pregnant and all I could think about was "I'd be that far along gone now" ... She is due 3 days after I would have been :cry: It's gut wrenching and depressing, but I just keep thinking "It will be me sometime".

Massive hugs :hugs:

Please don't lose hope! Sorry that your friend's news had that kind of effect on you. I have some friends who are currently pregnant, due very close to one another. I love them, but it's hard to be around them right now. I think things will be better later, but for now, I have tried to keep my distance as it's the only way I can think of to deal with it.

Hi, I had to post as I know exactly how you feel. I haad an ectopic in march 2010 and had to deal with my best friend, SIL and 2 close friends becoming pregnant within a few months. I couldn't deal with it at all and ended up with severe depression :-(a lot of the problems I had were with the insensitive ways in which these people handled things, and I couldn't deal with them getting so easily what I had lost for no reason. Getting to a point where I could cope with life again has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I have done it and I am so proud. No one knows how it bad it truely feels unless they have been there, I found a lot of the difficulties arose with friends who had miscarried thinking it was the same for them. Not trying to do down any of their losses in any way, but an ectopic is a whole different ball game and brings another set of issues along with it.
I sought out counselling in the end, as I wasn't getting anywhere trying to deal with it on my own. Perhaps this is an option for you? I also found the forum on the ectopic pregnancy trust an absolute godsend. You will get there I promise you. If I can do it so can anyone, I never thought I'd see the day where I felt happy again, or was able to take any joy from life, but it does come. It just takes time. I couldn't face seeing my best friend for about 6 months which I know sounds terrible, but you have to do what is right for you, and that was the only way I could cope. Maybe you need time away from your pregnant friends if it is hurting too much. I'm sure she would understand your situation. Much love to you. xx

I know exactly how you feel. When I got back from work after my ectopic last April, my manager announced she was pregnant. I then had to watch her blossom and go off on maternity leave. When she came in with her baby, I had to leave the room. It's hard, no idea how to make it better, but hopefully knowing you're not alone will help :)

I'm really sorry I definitely know the feeling I had a mmc in jan I was 9 weeks but didn't fully mc til end of feb. My bfs due date was 3 days after mine and she is due in 10 weeks each time I see her it gets harder been trying since and still no success hoping this is both our months its definitely time! Good luck and baby dust! Don't give up hope now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->