How do I know if im leaking amniotic fluid?

twiggy327

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and felt really wet down there. No contractions or anything so Im not sure what to do. My doc opens at 9am so I came to work and am going to call when they open and see if they want me to come in or wait until Wed when my next appt is scheduled. I was induced with my first and my water totally ruptured with my second so this may or may not be amniotic fluid stuff is new to me. Am i over reacting? I mean I guess it could be discharge but it wasn't thick at all and highly doubt it would be urine and not soak my sheets, ya know? Anybody else have a slow leak story to share?

Sorry no help but interesting post will be following for answers as well xoxox

I get pretty wet down there, it's watery and most noticeable when I get up in the morning. It doesn't continue throughout the day so I haven't worried too much about it. I figure it's just discharge that builds up in the night when I am laying down.

When I leaked amniotic fluid in my last pregnancy it was clear and looked just like water not mistaken for discharge at all as it was as though I peed right through my underwear... Best to go Check though bc slow leaks happen often

A few mornings ago I left a fair size wet spot on my underwear that didn't smell like anything and didn't leave much white. It felt like I was leaking for the next few days and it still does. I did end up getting checked at the hospital at my mother's insistance. I was worried a bit myself but didn't want to bother anyone. My mom knows someone who had a slow leak, that's why she made me go. I got tested to see if it was amniotic fluid. It came back negative. The doctor explained to me that increased discharge late in pregnancy is very common. So it is possible it could be a leak, but it is very likely discharge even if it is very watery.

it was pee apparently. I was so sure I was leaking and so excited that the end was in sight. NOPE. LO wants to hang out for a while longer I guess. GRR

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->