How do I start?

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Hi Girls...

Leo has been on purrees now since 3.5 months old... he is nearly 5 months now and soon I want to introduce Finger foods. I would like to combine BLW with purrees if thats possible?
Is he still too young to introduce finger foods now? What are the best things to try him on first?

I'm clueless..:wacko:

i did puree and now follow blw have done for 2 months now and love it, i started with porridge in the mornings but gave him toast to have amunch on and at lunch i gave him a cheese spread sarnie in little finger shapes with some tomato and cucumber, i just upped his milk a little bit till he got the hang of it a bit more.

the idea of blw is you just put the food in front of him then let him play and he'll eventually pick it up himself, i also found tmi but rhys doesnt strain for a number 2, because he see's the food it get his mouth watering and his stomach juices going this is what persuaded me to swap and stay swapped.
if you want anymore recipe ideas pm me or come to blw thread i got tons of ideas for meals

x

Just give him anything in sizes he can grasp. if you want to stay clear of dairy/meat still up to you

Toast - suckable
Rusks - melt in mouth
Cucumber - layla loved it first time the other day, wet and just licked it lol!
Biscotti - organic biccies, but her gums that hard she bit off chunks!
Banana - although hard to grip
Cooked carrot sticks

They say 7months ish, but she went mad at me eating toast in bakery one day, and on hols grabbing at plate whilst we eating lol!

"Good examples of finger foods include peeled apple, banana, pear, pieces of toast, pitta bread or chappati, breadsticks, chunks of cheese, pieces of peeled cucumber"

Thanks girls!

So I can give him those foods now?

OMG what if he chokes on a peice of toast? Knowing Leo it would be straight in...

when would I intervene? How likely is he to choke on, say a peice of toast or a peice of apple?

so should I just get him up in the morning and give him a few slices of buttered toast without crusts cut into fingers? Porridge too...?

I'm not sure what he would do with the porridge though:dohh:

I gave Brooke toast alongside her porridge and she just sucked the butter off off for a while :lol:

We now do a finger food lunch, sanwiches, crisps, fruit etc, then the rest of the meals are like normal.

Brooke hasnt ever really choked on anything, she just gags and spits the bit she cant chew out, just see what happens hun

Ok so I gave him a slice of toast and he looked at me soft! :rofl:

he was sat in his einstein though, so was more interested in his toys!

Ive a highchair on order, be here fri so am going to start again on friday.

Ohhh I need help with what to feed him...is there a book I can buy?

also, say I give him a finger slice of toast and he sucks and bites a peice off...do I take it out of his mouth or leave him to swallow it?

your gonna have to feed him his porridge as normal for now :) intervene if he goes mad lol, layla gags when sick sometimes, but i leave her a sec or two to do it herself or id wonder if she was sick and im not there, could she do it alone.

kids in work gag all the time on new/slippery/textured stuff, quick pat or pull it out after a sec he'll be fine!

Thanks hun...I gave him the 7 month ellas kitchen food today...managed fine!

Annabel Karmel books are really good for ideas! They have a finger foods one too.
With Seren I've always had lunch time as finger foods time, she feeds herself entirely, then tea time she'll have a mashed up meal, which I feed her. Works really well.
We started off with rusks, then we went to the organix finger foods packets, and bits of soft toast with salt free butter, banana, sandwiches, cheese blocks are quite good as they just melt in the mouth with seren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->