How do I tell people to stop addressing me as Mrs HISfirstname

There's more to life then an envelope. How can anyone get upset by a piece of paper that goes straight in the bin :wacko:

Because not everyone is you? She has every right to be unimpressed by being addressed as she has been. I don't understand why you are arguing when the OP expressly asked for ways to subtly discourage being referred to in a particular way. How would you feel if your feelings were so casually dismissed, as you are doing?

I'm not arguing I'm replying back to what I've been quoted on, so just stop quoting me. Like I said there's more to life then a poxy envelope.

It's not referring to her as her husbands name, mr and mrs first name last name is TWO people. It's his first name not hers and no one is saying it is hers :wacko:

When its only using his first name and not hers as well then it pretty much is.

Why would it say mrs...it's not like it just says mr firstname lastname

It only says his first name, thats the problem. Either put both first names or just leave it as Mr and Mrs Surname.

How? Mr first name and mrs first name last name?

Yeah, or just initials.

Who could be bothered to write all that on an envelope

Thats why I would just write Mr and Mrs Surname.

Edit: And I would bother to write it that way if thats how the person receiving the card/letter would want it to be written. Its not much more effort and if it makes someone happier/more comfortable then its worth it.

That's what I call real etiquette: doing what is respectful for that individual. Nicely said, Natsku!

It's not referring to her as her husbands name, mr and mrs first name last name is TWO people. It's his first name not hers and no one is saying it is hers :wacko:

When its only using his first name and not hers as well then it pretty much is.

Why would it say mrs...it's not like it just says mr firstname lastname

It only says his first name, thats the problem. Either put both first names or just leave it as Mr and Mrs Surname.

How? Mr first name and mrs first name last name?

Yeah, or just initials.

Who could be bothered to write all that on an envelope

Thats why I would just write Mr and Mrs Surname.

Edit: And I would bother to write it that way if thats how the person receiving the card/letter would want it to be written. Its not much more effort and if it makes someone happier/more comfortable then its worth it.

That's what I call real etiquette: doing what is respectful for that individual. Nicely said, Natsku!

Thats what I've always thought - real etiquette is doing whatever makes the other person feel most comfortable, whether it is the "correct" way of doing things or not.

I get sent stuff to 'mr and mrs HISfirstname hislastname'. My name is mysurname-hissurname and he just has hissurname. It annoys me a great deal, but I don't think there's much I can do about it other than grumble and frown a bit.

Annoys me more when people address things to the children and just use his surname. They were both born before we got married and both have the same surname as me, ie mysurname-hissurname.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->