How do these lines look for 19.dpo and question about a panic I had this morning.

crazylilth1ng

Reaction score
Hi all.

Ok so, I have been testing the last few mornings with this cheapie brand. Yesterday at 18dpo the test line was very close to the darkness of the control line, so all excited this morning I expected the lines to match in colour.

However... When I dipped the stick, somehow I screwed it up and flooded the test, what should have been the pee running across the stick was just a huge pink mess.

Long story short, the control line didn't even show up properly, it was a skinny little line and the test line didn't show at all.

So like all of us poas nutters do, I opened the test and lifted the plastic strip so the test could "dry" in the hopes that it would save the test... After around 2 minutes the control line fully appeared but the test line was still awash in a great sea of pink dye/pee. After around 5 mins the sea of pee did run the correct way across the test exposing the test line in the correct place, but the test line was SO faint!

Do I disregard this test as faulty/screwed up and ignore the faint line?

Anyway, I bolted to super drug and bought a 2 pack. The first test you can see is 2mu and the bottom test is 20th ish pee of the day afternoon urine.

Do the lines look ok for 19dpo? The first/top one is lighter than the bottom. The bottom one is almost as dark as the control and both lines were very obvious before the pee had even gotten to the control line (first time that has happened this pregnancy)...

So the question is... Are the super drug tests looking ok? I am petrified (and can't afford today) to do a digital incase it still says 1-2 like it did on 15dpo (day that af was due)...

Thanks in advance!

ETA: boobs are still huge and sore and cm is thickish and creamy, just to give extra info.

Attachments

• IMG_20161004_144111-640x380.jpg
    IMG_20161004_144111-640x380.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 74
Those tests look perfect. Stop stressing. And yes I would disregard the earlier test as faulty :hugs:

Thank you for replying dollybird! I know I should stop stressing and hell, probably stop even testing, but it's so tempting after the chemical I had in April to watch the lines grow darker.

Thanks for your reply and input, it does make me feel better to hear people say it. I will write the first test off as faulty.

They look absolutely fine xxx all pregnancy tests vary no matter what your levels are xxx I hated stressing about tests, I'd step away from them now xxx

Hi Crazy, I think your lines look perfect ... I would disregard the other test as a faulty one. It's so hard after a chemical I do understand that but just try to relax and enjoy being pregnant :)

Thank you Holly and Monkers for your kind words... I do hate stressing over tests and am going to do my best to just stop testing and just enjoy each day for what it is...

The flooded test has been well and truly disregarded.

Thanks ladies :)

Further stress tho, I called the drs for the results of my urine test that thy sent to the hospital for their own records and it came back negative? I was 18dpo when I sent it in. The receptionist said she isn't surprised as their tests regularly come back negative when taken under 5 weeks and they recommend ladies come in at 6 weeks, but I was thinking WHAT??? How can their tests be so in sensitive?

I panicked and bought a digital. Did it 5 mins ago with weak, almost water coloured afternoon urine, It said pregnant 2-3 (at 20 dpo), the last one I did at 16dpo said 1-2 so at least it has gone up. Is 2-3 ok for 20dpo?

This is too stressful. I never had negative at the drs before with my others, even with the ectopic that had lines WAY fainter than what I am getting now.

That's CRAZY that their tests are so crappy that at 18dpo they get negative when you have DARK lines.

I don't want to be Debbie downer but even with testing every day and getting darker and darker lines, I still had a loss but that's probably due to my age. I WILL say to step away from the clear blue digital with weeks. Those are the devil and will cause way more stress that they are worth. I'm sure everything is fine and your tests look wonderful! Hate the waiting game though!

Two of my take home babies didn't show 3+ until 21dpo and I've even had 3+ and 2-3 on the same day before!

Also with the line tests, once you get over a certain amount of HCG they get light again as it's more HCG than the test can process! (Hook effect!) x

I think you're all good! Ignore the silly doctors test!

Thank you ladies :)

Classic girl, I read your experience in the gallery o tests thread, I am very sorry that happened to you and I was surprised that it did because your tests had good lines and your scan seemed promising for your gestation. Such a crappy experience :/

I have no idea why the dr has such crappy tests that they show negative when the lines on the hpt's are dark, it is rubbish!

And thanks dan-o, guess I will just take more pee into the drs next week and hope that their tests pick it up. As my clear blue says 2-3 today with dilute wee, the hcg has to be over 200 and if their tests can't pick that up, well... What the heck kind of tests are they using???

I am just relaxing anyway. I probably won't bother with another digital. I expected 2-3 today and it is still in range at 4+5 so it hasn't worried me, it has risen from 1-2 so I will leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->