How do u check your cervix?

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
Like seriously I've never found it!!

You'd think in all my years I would've come across it sometime in my travels! :0

hmmm.. I'm intrigued to see the answers on this too.

I've had a feel around but don't actually know what i'm feeling for! xx

@Hopefulfor1st, your comment made me laugh. I know what you mean. I poke around in there, but have no clue what i'm looking for and what i'm actually feeling. Would be helpful to hear from some CP experts

Yeah I was hoping someone could direct me to a YouTube how to video or something!
Like I've never felt my finger tip hit something that let me know I was at the end of the runway! Maybe my fingers r just too short?! Then again a penis is longer than a finger.... Sooooo if we could touch our cervix wouldn't a penis not fit inside u?!

Haha these comments are hilarious! I'm the same though! I tried to YouTube it ! But got all these weird videos that Werner far off xrated! Haha xxx

Your cervix should feel like a little donut... haha if youve already had children and given birth naturally it will always be a little bit open. Best way to check is put one foot on the side of the bath or something. When youre closer to af it will be lower and harder like the tip of your nose but closer to ovulation should be s.h.o.w ( soft high open wet) ..... not sure if that helps in any way :) xx

hmmm I'll give it a go, must remember to lock the bathroom door though or it could be a bit awkward explaining to the husband what I'm doing if he walked in haha!

It should be quite easy to feel, but some women have a longer vaginal passage making it a bit more of a stretch - it is easiest to feel at non fertile times and in either squatting position or raising one leg (ie foot on side of bath). Check out https://www.beautifulcervix.com/ for the cervix galleries, knowing what it looks like in there helps to visualise what you are feeling.

I find easiest way is to sit on the toilet and use a single finger. Run finger along the top/front wall. Cervix is a circular lump with a slit inside.

I find easiest way is to sit on the toilet and use a single finger. Run finger along the top/front wall. Cervix is a circular lump with a slit inside.

Agreed.
Sitting on the toilet is the easiest way to find it.

Don't forget to wash your hands before!!!

ahhhh I have felt that before! didn't know it was my cervix though! x

I've given birth by c-section (after getting to 9cm) with my first and vaginally for my second.

Before I had a baby and after my c-section at ovulation it would feel soft like the same consistency as your lips if you push them together to blow a kiss, very wet. The slit would feel more circular, perhaps the diameter of a pencil.

After giving birth vaginally it still feels soft but its much more open during ovulation. Last time I ovulated it was almost open enough to get a finger tip in.

During the rest of the month it feels more like the end of the nose. A bit firmer and it seems to stick out more from the wall of the vagina.

I think the only way that monitoring your cervix can become reliable is if you practice and get used to what's normal for you at different times of your cycle.

So is it directly at the top of the vaginal canal or on an angle?

It moves.... or more accurately the position of the cervix changes. Its either right at the top, or a little bit down the top/front wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->