How do we know that everything is okay?

lipsty

Pregnant with #1!
Reaction score
I know, I know, I'm being a silly fret monkey, but when we have to wait so long for the 12wk scan, how do we know that everything is okay? I keep hearing about heartbeats stopping at however many weeks and the women not knowing until the scan and it scares me! I had an early scan at 7+1 and saw the heartbeat, but that was two weeks ago and anything could have happened! I guess that I just have to sit tight and just wait for another three weeks... :S

yeah it is tough waiting for the scans but i guess we just gotta stay positive
i hope the 3 weeks go fast for you x

You're right - there's no reason why anything would go wrong, so we just need to stay positive! The ticker helps, as it really feels like progress :)

Yep that's exactly it hun, goes so slow if you're a worry wart or like to be in control!! xxxx

I know it's hard not to worry..but sometimes you just have to have faith..and lots of patience. Something us pregnant women have very little of lol. Hope the time flies for you. I'm sure everything is absolutely perfect :D xx

lol.i know how you are feeling,i went through the same thing whilst i was waiting,sometimes you get some symptoms to keep you sane but sometimes they just vanish and you keep thinking the worst,all i can say is that after 8 weeks the chance of the baby's heart just stopping decreases a lot,coz at 8 weeks its a little stronger than before.then even if your symptoms just vanishes for a day or 3,sometimes it does come back and with a vengence,so even wen you wont have symptoms everything could be ok.you'll feel more at ease after the 12 week scan though.hang in there

Thanks for the reassurance, ladies! xxx

I feel the same! How do you know that everything is OK?! I won't have a scan until 12-14 weeks, so you're in a good plave to have had a scan already to keep you going. Did you have a private scan?

my mum always reassures me by saying that she had three healthy babies in the 1980s when there was no home pregnancy tests and the doctors wouldn't consider you pregnant until you'd missed three periods!
and i think another poster said it, whilst from these forums it seems like everyone is having a mc, just think of everyone you know and everyone they know. if pregnancy was always horrible there wouldn't be 6 billion of us buggers!
i also look at the 'people looking at this forum' bit, it's usually like 60 of an evening and whilst it seems like we have very bad luck here and a baby is lost nearly every day, there's another 60 not posting as everything is ok with them xx

I feel the same! How do you know that everything is OK?! I won't have a scan until 12-14 weeks, so you're in a good plave to have had a scan already to keep you going. Did you have a private scan?

No, I was A&E for for another reason and the doctor offered me a scan to make sure that everything was okay. I'm sure that I would be climbing the walls by now if I hadn't had that unexpected scan! Not that I recommend landing yourself in A&E to get one... ;)

its so hard not to worry, and even after they are born we will continuously worry. All we can do is take care of ourselves, the rest is out of our hands...easier said than done. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

I'm with you. I have had 5 scans already lol, and I am still very freaked out that my next one next week will show a stopped heart. I think no matter how many scans we get, we will worry. Cant wait to hit that 12 week mark!! Good luck!!

I think the previous poster said it best-- just because we see so many losses on this board, we can't view it as 'the norm'. Often, ladies are drawn to this board *because* they are having problems and need support-- so there's bound to be a much higher concentration of bad news.

Consider this: How many of your friends have gotten pregnant and delivered just fine (and how many times have they been pregnant)?
How many people do you know? That means their mother carried them with no problem.
How many friends do your little ones have, or classmates? That means their mother carried them no problem.
How many of THOSE people have siblings? That means their mothers carried THEM full term, too.....

See? When you look around, you realize, a normal pregnancy IS the norm -- not the crazy stuff that shows up on here.

I agree with Jackie! Our doctor said : now you have 95 (or 98? I do not remember exact number :( ) percent probability of becoming parents in December. Why should I not trust our doctor and think about these 5 or 2% of possibility of bad luck? It is a very small percentage and we should have happy thoughts right now!

You just have to wait and think positive!! This is my second pregnancy and I keep thinking 'I don't even have any symptoms, I CAN'T be pregnant...what if I'm having a MMC?!' etc... It's totally normal though! Those worries seem so big now, but you just have to try and let them wash over you... 'What will be will be'... And things will either work out...or they won't...there's nothing you can do about it, so don't fret! No point stressing, just enjoy your pregnancy!! :)

:hugs:

P.S I'm not planning to have any scans at all this pregnancy (if I can help it)!

I think the previous poster said it best-- just because we see so many losses on this board, we can't view it as 'the norm'. Often, ladies are drawn to this board *because* they are having problems and need support-- so there's bound to be a much higher concentration of bad news.

Consider this: How many of your friends have gotten pregnant and delivered just fine (and how many times have they been pregnant)?
How many people do you know? That means their mother carried them with no problem.
How many friends do your little ones have, or classmates? That means their mother carried them no problem.
How many of THOSE people have siblings? That means their mothers carried THEM full term, too.....

See? When you look around, you realize, a normal pregnancy IS the norm -- not the crazy stuff that shows up on here.

https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/ableteam/Smilies/agree.gif Very good post.

I've had no symptoms at all for this entire pregnancy so I've been worrying constantly about mc and mmc, scary stuff. However, I've had two scans so far- one at 6+5 and one at 9+2 and baby was absolutely fine. Its not all about what symptoms you have, or what you're feeling. My doctor told me a mmc is extremely rare and in most cases you'd have extreme pain and bleeding.

Good luck hun!

xx

I feel exactly the same way! I had a private scan at 7 weeks and we saw a hb and they put me forward 2 days:happydance:. I have now booked in for another scan next week when I will be 10 weeks as my dating scan is not until 13 weeks and that feels like forever away! I was really sick last weekend but now symptoms seem to have gone. I've had 2 previous miscarriages so am particularly nervous although these were both before 7 weeks.

Perhaps your heart was in the right place when you wrote this, but how freaking insensitive and uninformed are you? Just because someone is on this earth does not mean their mother had a "normal" pregnancy. As for "all the crazy stuff" you see posted here - they're called complications. They aren't crazy, and they have great chances of delivering healthy babies too. Complications aren't a death sentence. I sure hope you have a great and healthy pregnancy, otherwise the gravity of your thoughtlessness might keep you up at night.

For the OP, we just hope and pray, it's all you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->