How do you cope - YOU being poorly?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
How on earth do you manage to look after the LO's when your poorly?

I was pretty ill through the night so my OH has taken the day off to look after Brooke but we cant to that all the time.

How/what do you do about the LO's when you are sick?

Luckily *touch wood* only been really poorly twice where I couldn't look after the kids and the first time my OH took the day off and the second time a friend had them for me. I've been ill over weekends before so that's been fine too as the OH has been around. I've just been ill the weekend just gone, caught Faith's sickness bug, yuk! x

I was ill for a few days a few weeks back and it was hard!! OH couldnt take time off either as was away on a course :( i really struggled but managed to get through it because you have to!! hope you feel better soon hun xxx

I had d and v when Chloe was 12 weeks, I just coped! I dont know how!

I was going to ask the same question as I have got a virus thing with sore throat, earache and headache and generally feeling achey and awful! I am dreading passing it on to Seth as it's nasty enough for me, but for a little baby would be awful! But there's not much you can do to avoid passing it on is there! :-(

i had like flu smyptoms and was really rough so i had to get ian to have the afternoon off, i coped for the morning but i just really needed sleep, i couldnt keep my eyes open and annabelle doesnt sleep much throughout day now so he came home

Hope you feel better hun

Lou
xxx

Hope you feel better soon hun xx, but as most girls have already said when you are a mother you always find an inner strength just to "get on with it" because we have to.

luckily it hasnt happened yet, but I used to get ill every year.... like with whatever goes around... i think OH would have to take time off work!! I just wouldnt be able to cope :( i get man flu :rofl:

It's rough, but you manage. I was poorly with a nasty cold, sore throat etc. Not quite flu, but not far off. The worst thing is breastfeeding while you feel like shit! So hard and draining, but it has to be done. I just drank tonnes of fluids and got on with it. Needless to say I wasn't a very interactive mummy for a few days!

I was ill a few weeks ago , and OH took the day off work as I was simply knackered. I think if I am totally ill he will have to take time off to help, its all we can do! His work were fine about it.

It is tough at times, but you do what needs to be done hon. I don't know how, but you just do and you cope :)

this hasn't happened to me yet but I'm dreading it when it does!

The only time when I was sick since Lola was born was 'luckily' also the only time she was sick.
God that was hard! Thankfully my sister visted and looked after her one afternoon while I took a nap because I was SO tired and sick.
Later on I just managed, grinded my teeth and focused on healing both os uf.

Is your mom available for help?

I dont cope, i struggle.
If i can she goes off to her nans

You just do , have to !
Ive been ill so many times looking after two girls and its hard , but i have to snuff it up and get on with it :lol:

Hi I know how u feel me and Toby had a sickness bug last week. I had it for a few days and he had it for a whole week. We are both better now but it was hard work when your both poorly and my OH couldnt take time off work as he has his own company with his dad and they had people off sick too. No one came to help me out either as they didnt want to catch it but as we were both poorly we just cuddled up and went to sleep xx

Awww, did you catch what your OH had last week? I did with mine, and I'm in the same boat as you. OH took today off to watch Claire but we can't do that for more than today.

:( Hope you feel better soon!

My recovery from my c-section has been really rough. Usually I have Elyse all day and all night but in the late afternoon/evenings my family is home or her dad comes over and I get A LOT of help with her, which is good, I need a break usually and I'm tired.

Sometimes I feel like absolute garbage but I still get up and do it just because I know it's my job and she needs me though.. that's been enough thus far to motivate me when I just want to hide in my bed & be lost to the world.. but I'm only 3 weeks into this too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->