How do you cope?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
How do you with being ill with LO? Having the flu a couple of weeks ago was bad enough but this evening I've come down with sickness and diareah (sp). How on earth do you keep going?

I guess it must be one of those things you do cos you have to.

Fingers crossed I'll be ok in a few hours :cry:

Honey, when moms get sick you still do what you do for your kids. Different when dads are sick and can lie around. :rofl:

Hope you feel better soon!

:hugs: hope you feel better soon honey :hugs: i haven't really been poorly since we've had maddi but i have had my lovely PCOS back and that used to be such a nightmare before, let alone with maddi. on these days i have just stayed in with her and tended to her needs, without doing much else, and we've just had a good old duvet day with lots of cuddles :cloud9:

I was sick with bronchittis a few years back around Christmas. It was a few days beforehand and I started to wrap all 5 kids' gifts. It was 1 a.m., it had to get done that night and Dan said that I should go to bed as I looked like shit. I asked him "Who the hell is going to wrap the gifts then?"

Honey, when moms get sick you still do what you do for your kids. Different when dads are sick and can lie around. :rofl:

:rofl:

:rofl: typical men, james stubbed his toe the other day and according to him it was broken with the bone sticking out :dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

Isn't that like a man? Their hurts and pains are 100 times worse than what it really is.

There have been times when I've been sick, recovered and then Dan got it. I swear his was far worse and he even asked "So, you had this too?" Hmm, yeah! Meanwhile I am taking care of the kids while I am sick and when he is, he's on the couch.

BTW, this was the Christmas I was sick....and here's the result of the gifts I had to wrap:

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/lee380/December2006048.jpg

wow leeanne, gorgeous amazing tree, poor you wrapping all of them! :rofl: james only ever has to wrap my gifts and he get suck in the way room for about4 hours, no lie! god no's what he does!
james is just the same, though he soldiers to work as he likes it when customers on the phone say, 'you sound like death mate' or 'you shouldn't be at work'!!:rofl:

wow leeanne, gorgeous amazing tree, poor you wrapping all of them! :rofl: james only ever has to wrap my gifts and he get suck in the way room for about4 hours, no lie! god no's what he does!
james is just the same, though he soldiers to work as he likes it when customers on the phone say, 'you sound like death mate' or 'you shouldn't be at work'!!:rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Mine pays a gift wrapping service to wrap mine. So, he doesn't wrap any at any time. LOL

As for the comments, too funny!

:rofl: at the gift wrapping, james has done this too, but he likes to buy all different wrap and wrap everything up separately, i collect tatty teddys (grey bears) and its so funny how he wraps them up, and then puts in air holes so they can breathe! you should have seen how much paper he used wrapping my four foot bear!! :rofl:

I've made it clear to Barry that if I get ill he has to take a day or two off work to mind Kaya.

Mark has gone to work giving me the instruction to phone him if I want him to come home- like I will!!

I've been up all night, not even managed to keep water down. :cry:

I supose you just have to cope.
I was very very ill at one point but had to pretend i didnt have it and trudge on.
Taking Carly to school is the worst as i dont drive so i have to walk there!

But it has to be done as no one else will do it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->