How do you feel when AF shows her face?

Katwa8

1DS, expecting no2 :)
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
After thinking I was seeing lots of signs, the :witch: caught me early this month... only a 13 day cycle so it tricked me into false hope (mostly due to the implanon mucking me up, but that's another story).

I feel pretty gutted, and I was wondering how everyone else keeps themselves grounded and within the bounds of NTNP, and not letting the sadness of not getting the :bfp: that month throw you into full blown trying.

Hope you don't mind me asking, its just I feel really quite sad and would love to know how you all bounce back.

p.s. my DH and my plan is to TTC properly mid July

It sucks, doesn't it?

:witch: got me yesterday. It was only our first month and not even a full month so I didn't think I'd pregnant right away since having the IUD removed but I had certainly hoped to be!

Anyway, AF got me yesterday which means the "cycle" I had after removal was really just removal bleeding. I thought it must have brought on a full cycle since it was heavy for 4 days and light for the following 3-4. ICK.

So we're NTNP until our wedding and then we'll start really TTC with charting and temping...

Just keep your head up and know that another month is just around the corner when you can try again. Everyone says it happens when you least expect it so I'm trying to not even watch the calendar or the days go by!

I tell myself every month during the two week wait that I am not pregnant. I tell myself multiple times a day if I have to until I have convinced myself that AF will be showing up. It's hard but at least that way when she does show up I can tell myself "see I told you it didn't happen this month". I do pay attention to when I am ovulating so that I can gauge when AF will come so she doesn't surprise me, plus that way when we do decide to TTC again I will be ahead of the game. The trick to NTNP is to do your best not to think about it and when you do, convince yourself that there is no way you hit this bullseye this month. Or that's my trick at least. ;)

It sucks but I just remind myself that there is a reason we are not actively trying yet. Would we handle a baby at this stage? Yes. But is it the right time to bring a baby into the world on purpose? Not exactly. So while I'm sad that AF shows each month (especially since we were actively trying only a few months ago) I just remind myself WHY we had to put trying on hold.

Thanks guys. I guess as you say there is a reason for us all being NTNP, so if we keep reminding ourselves that, although its a little sad now, it will be brilliant when it does happen. And you're right hardworknmamma, we'll all be so on top of our cycles that we'll know what we're doing when its time to get serious.

Thank you for your advice though. I do feel a little more positive today. Just a bit of a down day yesterday I guess, as I really thought something was happening. Well new cycle, onwards and upwards :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->